Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: igo w and istick 30w

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

igo w and istick 30w

Hi guys, so i just got my igo w and istick 30w and tried to make my first coil........ Well first attempt i got 0.6ohm single coil. im going to try aim for 1.2 if i can and once iv got the hang of it ill move onto dual coil.
    so first impressions....... not that great mostly i think its my coils at fault but for 1 i got a bit of a burning taste at 10w? and 2nd found that 2 puffs and it seemed that the ejuice was gone had to re drip? is my silica (wick) not big enough (i know this might be hard to answer without a phot but ill try get a photo up soon) and or where am i going wrong.
    Sorry about the noob question iv been watching alot of youtube vids and reading threads but still no luck
    TIA

Sorry im using 28g kanthal

LNB
    AVF Regular
    How big is your silica dude? If your using 2mm, double the silica over on top of each other then wrap the kanthal around the silica. Leave the silica long and you can fill up the whole deck of the atty.

AVF Regular
    I still use a IgoW, its a great little dripper but i needed to drill the air hole to open up the air flow. I'm running a single 1ohm coil at about 15-20 watts with cotton wick. I can almost dump 1ml into it before it leaks and that lasts me a couple of hours before re-dripping.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Its 2.5mm. Maybe im not putting enough juice in there only like 8 drops. Once i put the cap on how much liquid can you safely put in without it leaking? I was under the impression only fill it as much as the well can take?

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Silica won't hold as much juice as cotton but if you pack enough silica on the build deck It'll hold a decent amount of juice.

I might go get some organic cotton today. I just made another 1.2ohm and tried it at 20w it was alot better this time but as you mentioned i need to make both the air holes a bit bigger

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2adictv View Post
    I might go get some organic cotton today. I just made another 1.2ohm and tried it at 20w it was alot better this time but as you mentioned i need to make both the air holes a bit bigger
    If you're only using a single coil, you ideally want to line up the first air hole with your coil and block the second air hole.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Ok ill give it a go. Thanks heaps. Its not as daunting as first thought and a bit of fun haha

What sort of wattage am i aiming for with a target coil of 1.2ohms? Also if i running the nautilus with a 1.8 coil should it be about 10-12w. Thanks in advance the more i keep searching the more information overload i am suffering haha
    Black Betty likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast