Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Recommendations for RDA / Dualie

AVF Regular

Recommendations for RDA / Dualie

Hey guys and gals, Iím sure this is a relatable story, that of the smoker-turned-vaper who was only interested in kicking the stinkies, not concerned about drippers, mods, sub-ohm, rebuildables and all that jazz, just a CE5 and an ego battery with some cheap juice, just long enough to kick the habitÖ then began the slow descent into the state in which I currently reside, that of constantly checking youtube videos (most of which I cant even stand the host, but enjoy the content itself), researching new products, tasting exotic juices from all over the globe, looking up and trying new coiling techniques, blowing huge clouds off an Atlantis or Subtank, building up a collection of tanks, rdaís, rtaís, DIY equipment, mods, batteries, doublers and concentrates.

What I am looking for is a nice big RDA to build some more advanced coil builds, like verticals, quaddies, claptons etc, if only to see if I can. Specifically, Iím looking for something with at least 4 post holes, good screws for each post, a nice deep juice well, good airflow and a nice big drip tip. I know Iím just describing the good parts of any good RDA but if anyone knows of a go-to (kind of like what the istick is to regulated mods, or the Nautilus is to +ohm tanks) then I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction. Iíd like to try something that has a bigger tip than the usual 510 tips, if only for variation.

The other thing is a mech mod to introduce me to the wide world of unregulation. I prefer the thought of, and look of, dual 18650 boxes. Iíve looked at the cherry bomber, tesla invader, beast, dos equis, etc and I really like that style. At the moment, the cherry bomber is my fav, but I was wondering if anyone has a better or more highly recommended 2x18650 box mod for me to try. Iím not looking to spend a helluvalot, maybe in the region of $30-50? Not fussed regarding clones, all good in my books.

Hope this all made sense, any help would be met with smiles, virtual hugs and all that jazz.

Love to your brotherís mother.
    Peace, YNWA
    Benj

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly

AVF Regular
    Check out twisted messes rda! It's made for fancy coils and blowing big clouds. Same goes with the vapergate rda! Build for the criteria that you're after... both with chuff caps.

And for the box mod. I wouldn't get a cherry bomber, that thing is a ticking time bomb...
    the abaddon is a great dual 18650 mech! All copper and hits like a train!!!
    But, I personally stay away from mechs now coz I find that a high wattage regulated device will do the same if not better....

Good luck with your cloud chasing journey!
    Tara likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have a Cherry Bomber on the way from FT as i to like the idea of a 2x18650 box, i tried making one but its easier to buy one from FT for 30 bux, i'm aware of the autofiring with them because of the switch being part of the neg connection and plan on using a Mephisto v2 on it which has a delrin insulator between the atty and the mod, i'll let you know how it compares to a copper tube when i get it, so far the copper tube is my fav, looks like crap but vapes the tits man. I also like the look of this one(Osmium) but can't seem to see any venting holes, i'm sure its fine and it looks like a copper inner casing which will help with hitting like a train(i hope) so in the near future i also see one of these coming my way, the copper Abaddon also is on my short list so probably one of them will find its way to my joint no doubt.
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/30...anical-box-mod
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/30...mechanical-mod

this is the Cherry Bomber i'm waiting on ( should have bought the copper one in hindsight) https://www.fasttech.com/products/3027/10013067/2201000
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Check out the Royal Hunter. US$40-50, looks great, three post with a 2 hole T shaped centre post, 13mm top, comes with a 510 drip tip adaptor and spares. Whilst the machining isn't as good as a $100-130 RDA; it performs well and is great value.

AVF Regular
    I reckon the Hellboy would be one to look at.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    The best on the market according to RIP is a Vortex. I have a derringer clone and am happy with it. Vortex matches your description.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by richo262 View Post
    The best on the market according to RIP is a Vortex. I have a derringer clone and am happy with it. Vortex matches your description.
    Vertex v2's doesn't have massive post holes and the deck is pretty small. I still love my vertex thou.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by richo262 View Post
    I think it was the velocity. Again annoying but informative

Rip that is

ďToday a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.Ē
    Bill Hicks 1961-94

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Motmo View Post
    I think it was the velocity. Again annoying but informative

Rip that is
    Yeah! Although d*ck trippers did say vertex is the best at the end of 2014. But things are moving so fast! Couple of months from now they'll be a new one.
    Motmo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cherry arrived today, hits like a train, my tubes went straight in the drawer, single or dual 18650, for the price might just have to grab the copper one as well. I am using this atty though because its got the insulator underneath so no autofire and only for home use, but its great, more mech boxes for me i think.
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...dable-dripping
    *I Use Clones*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast