Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: supersports600 VTC5s and High Amp 18650s

AVF Regular

supersports600 VTC5s and High Amp 18650s

I have been meaning to write this post for a while, but I have been ravaged by two successive bouts of man flu, and we all know how debilitating that can be.
    Anyway, after the thread that announced the reappearance of the Sony VTC5s at supersports600 ebay store I posted that I had jumped in and ordered four pairs in a slight knee jerk reaction to the reappearance to the hallowed green goblin of low ohm vaping. All the research I had kept up to date with had still had the VTC5 coming out on top and I felt certain that the VTC5 was still KING.
    Then came a flurry of comments about how the Samsung 25Rs actually outdid the VTC5s in real world vaping test situations, and subsequent research led me to believe there was some truth to this.
    Having recently been buying LG HE4s and Samsung 25Rs in the absence of the VTC5s I felt unsure of my order with ss600, so I emailed him about my concerns wondering if he would let me change my order if he agreed the 25rs were in fact superior to the Sonys.
    Hi initial response was that yes there was possibly a slight edge in the favour of the 25Rs, So I emailed him back and asked if that was in fact the case could I change my order to the 25Rs.
    The email I received back really astounded me, even though I have always been impressed with the sort of service I have come to appreciate from ss600.
    He said that he would still send out my order other the 8x VTC5s but also include 2x Samsung 25Rs and 2x LG HE2s at no extra cost, so I could see for myself if there was really any difference between the three cells already known to be some of the best available.
    What a star that guy is.
    Any way I have been running my 18650 Mosfet Squonker and nothing else for months now always with a 0.56-0.6Ohm coil and feel I pretty well know how it fires, how long cells last, and all that, after cycling all three different types of cells through over the last couple of weeks I can honestly say they are all bloody great, with no easily discernible difference, when I have the Sonys in there I just get this "quality vibe" happening, and though probably placebo they are still my favourite, followed by the 25Rs and lastly the LGs.
    So If I was to do a blind test with the three over the course of the full discharge while vaping I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't have a clue.
    The only thing I can say without a doubt is that supersports600 has looked after me yet again, great value including shipping and top service and customer care coupled with total confidence in his ability and determination to score the freshest cells from his suppliers for our enjoyment.
    SV
    Last edited by Fatman; 07-07-15 at 12:26 AM. Reason: title mod as requested
    Captain, D1git, giruvian and 17 others like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    ++++ to those comments.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I've been using the Samsung 25R's in the Reo grands for a while now and find they don't appear to drop off as fast as some other batteries do. (The Pana NCRB 3400mah batteries for instance)

Swapped one today which had done 6ml of juice at about 0.8ohms and was still reading 3.7V. Who needs electronics with that kind of performance?
    bk_renesis and btobw like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I've been using the Samsung 25R's in the Reo grands for a while now and find they don't appear to drop off as fast as some other batteries do. (The Pana NCRB 3400mah batteries for instance)

Swapped one today which had done 6ml of juice at about 0.8ohms and was still reading 3.7V. Who needs electronics with that kind of performance?
    Yep, that's one reason I have 6 DNA40s still in their boxes, It's been a fet mech revival for me, zero contact maintenance, solid constant performance with negligible drop off, I change my batteries out at around 3.8v at the moment, well I do have 12 new ripper 18650s to use
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    On the other matter congratulations to your family for lasting through 2 bouts of your man flu Hahahahaha

Such tough love.

AVF Regular
    My partner has Princess flu now, no that is not as pretty as it sounds
    gtadmin, Crisscross and Browny like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    ROFL give your princess my get well soon wishes

Now if it was queen flu then that's serious..........
    gtadmin and studiovape like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    tell her to have some lemsip and HTFU, how can she compare that to manflu?
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    tell her to have some lemsip and HTFU, how can she compare that to manflu?
    Don't talk to me about man flu. Baz had consecutive bouts and drove me crazy. I broke a nail fluffing his pillows haha
    gtadmin, Fatman, btobw and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Don't talk to me about man flu. Baz had consecutive bouts and drove me crazy. I broke a nail fluffing his pillows haha
    poor baz
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast