• 2 Post By VHonda
  • 1 Post By sonnen
  • 2 Post By Fractal
  • 1 Post By disley
  • 1 Post By Deecol

Thread: Delta 2 giving burnt taste:(

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Delta 2 giving burnt taste:(

Hi, just looking for some help as to what the problem could be plz. Firstly I luv my delta BUT it's driving me nuts atm on the weekend got a burnt taste just a smidgen but enough to know that it was going funky. Col re wicked it and *cleaned* the coil etc..Sunday was good again..Monday burnt taste again ..I had gone thru 2 tanks of juice so it was new juice etc ..so new cotton again as coils still right ohms n clean etc...but now again just went to have a vape and burnt the crap outta me n of course cols at work...surely it wouldn't need new cotton again?? Before this little hiccup - well major to me lol cos I luv my delta -hadn't had a prob..(.we... well Col had bn changing my cotton every week cos I vape coffee) and like I said no probs til now,
    Thanx in advance to advice given...cheers Dee
    Last edited by Deecol; 08-07-15 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Reworded the question

AVF Regular
    So I take it you have an RBA section. I also assume that you do not have any ohm jumps.
    When you get the burnt taste, is it reflected in your wick? If so
    Which in my experience would mean that you should try different wicking methods - have a look at the pancake method
    If not, ild give it a wash - especially the bottom where the airflow ring is held. I've seen debris and residual condensation carry alot of these burnt flavours. GL btw
    Fatman and Deecol like this.

AVF Regular
    Take a look at this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajaLd7-tzkw
    He is wicking a lemo but the same principle applies.
    I have found this to work very well, but it is a bit of a PITA
    Hope it helps
    Deecol likes this.

AVF Regular
    It sounds like you're using the RBA section, and the coil has only now started acting up after a period (and several rewicks) of running smoothly.

Check to see if the coil is properly secured / screwed down properly. Sometimes, after many rewicks, the coil can work itself a little loose due to the movement from rewicking. If the coil is loose, movement can lead to little shorts (and resistance jumping, burning, and general nastiness).

Also, as you're running coffee type juices (as you know already - not the cleanest of juices!) - check the cleanliness and condition of the coil. Rewicking and dry burning buys you time between rebuilds, but it's not a perfect cleaning method - there is ALWAYS a little bit of gunk left in impossible to reach places (around and under screw heads and lead holes, around insulators, inside the coil, and between the loops of the coil in contact coils). Left over "juice gunk" can taint a fresh wick and even a tank of juice if there's enough of it (or if it's particularly fragrant sort of gunk). Sometimes you just gotta strip the whole thing down, give it a very thorough clean with some hot water and an old toothbrush, toss the old coil, and build a nice fresh new one.

I'm assuming you've had several successful builds in the Deltas 2 RBA head already - but just make sure when you rewick it that the wicks aren't obscuring the juice channels (I just a tiny screwdriver to poke in there and make sure of it). If that's happening, you'll get a few great hits as you're vaping off the juice used to prime the coil... then burning dry nastiness as there's no fresh juice wicking from the tank to the coil.
    Fatman and Deecol like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    My Delta II is rock solid.
    put a new coil in it.
    Make sure the channels are clear, turn off the air and suck some juice into the chamber.
    It may unblock it.
    Deecol likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks everyone ...sorry our internet been down,,,,Grrr just to top off my day..
    Yep sorry I should've stated that yep it is the rba head...in a dither so used to the delta being so trouble free and my fav tank.that I'm feeling lost haha..sorta same feeling as when I smoked ciggie (nearly 19months now..)and pack was getting low.!! Silly I know,cos I have 3 others .2x foggers , and the zephyrus..but it's not the same...
    I will go check out the pancake? Method and re read all of above..
    Very much appreciated
    Cheers Dee
    VHonda likes this.