Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Evic vt problem

Evic vt problem

Heya guys...

Having some issues with my evic vt, not sure if it's common fault or not.

I'll put a tank on and get a ohm reading and lock it in. Vapes well and then I put it down. Pick it back up 2 mins later and tank reading has totally changed and gives a shit vape. Have to ramp up the settings to get some vape.

Not sure why this is happening but I have to unscrew the tank and then screw it back on and then I get a close ohm reading again. It's been happening with 3 different tanks I've put on it and even changed coils and made new coils.

Sometimes I also have to put the tank on and it gives a low reading on my home made coils so have to puff n warm it up n unscrew and screw back in for it to give me the proper ohm reading.

Tanks tried are subtank mini subtank plus Atlantis and magma dripper

Can anyone help me out here?

AVF Regular
    This is actually normal behaviour. It's the evic doing its version of refinement. Once the ohms drops after a couple minutes that's the final resistance and should be fine to vape until you change tanks.

Even if you warm it up and then screw it on it will refine it down again after a while.

So ur saying that I need to make coils at a higher resistance than wat I want and the evic will refine it down to roughly wat I actually want.

So build a coil at .2 and hopefully it refined it down to .15

But when I lock the coil in on coil lock why does it change seems it's meant to be locked

AVF Regular
    It shouldn't refine down by that much, only .01 or .02. For example my Ti coils in my subtank started at .34 and settled at .32 and staying the for 5 days now.

If its dropping by that much I'd say the connect may be a little loose.

I'm no expert but from what I understand from the talk on ECF it's not a resistance lock per se it's more an atty lock so you won't be asked same coil new coil question when take if off and put it back on.

Mine refines down from .2 to .11 constantly

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bignormz View Post
    Mine refines down from .2 to .11 constantly
    I'd be checking the connections both on the coil screws and making sure the head in screwed in properly.

AVF Regular
    sounds strange to me.
    Guessing you're using Nickel for you're coils.
    Are you winding spaced or contact coils? from discussions I'm seeing (and I haven't played with this yet so is speculation) contact coils can be a bit off depending on the accuracy of the temp control.
    Contact coils seem to vary a bit more during use in that the resistance can vary a bit due to the fact all the coils are basically touching but can move with heat and get sort of insulated a bit from each other with different juice gunk sticking to them.
    Dunno,
    just some thoughts
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Spaced coils I make and this happens with baught coils. Connections r good tank is screwed right in and Sam with coil. I've cleaned bottom of tank and vt pin

I use ni200 for my temp coils.

AVF Regular
    Be good to know what firmware you got (20 clicks on the power button watch P Busardo's video)
    Also apparently Joyetech really push their Tanks as the thing that works on these. (pushing Propriety on pretty much open source connectors etc is BS)
    sounds like another "wait for V2.0" and disappointing they dropped Firmware update ability for this unit, that sucks

there is the possibility you have a dud also so would be worth reaching out to your vendor
    Last edited by D1git; 11-07-15 at 04:04 PM.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Version 1.18

Even the tank that came with and the ni200 coil drops heaps

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast