AVF Regular

Unhappy Provari P3 V36 - ERROR 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

Hi All

(Note I have raised a ticket with Provape and waiting for a reply)

Well, it was all going just great. Double coiled my Kayfun V4 and was living the cloud dream.

Little did I know that the battery hiccup the night before was a prelude to complete meltdown (figuratively).

The night before last, after a day of solid vaping, my battery gave up. No problem, I'll drop a fresh one in.

About 10 hits later at 92% - EMPTY. huh? EMPTY 0% and 0% ohms and still showing at 12 Watts.

Thinking I must have grabbed a dead battery, I dropped in another and all good for that night and the next day.

Once dead, dropped another in only to find EMPTY 0% and 0% ohms and still showing at 12 Watts.

Checked threads, cleaned them and IQ was at 99%. All good. All battery terminals cleaned and contacts checked.

Checked INFO on the Provari - ver36 and a string of 020202 ERROR 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Disappointed I didn't get the full suite of errors, but hey, it's early days.

Checked the errors on numerous forums to find they should all reset once the issue has been resolved.

If only I knew how what the root cause was.

Anyone else in the Provari P3 world come across this?

Any thoughts would be appreciated (understanding that a ticket has been raised).

Blonski

Super Moderator
    Dont have a P3 , but I am a little used to provaris lol .. I notice you haven't stated the ohms of your coil .. all the fault codes you reference have to do with Power Output or Temperature Faults?
    OUTPUT TOO HIGH OR BAD ATOMIZER [1] >>>>> REDUCE VOLTS / WATTS OR
    REPLACE ATOMIZER
    ATOMIZER OHMS BELOW LIMIT [2] >>>>> REPLACE ATOMIZER AND TRY
    AGAIN
    OUTPUT TOO HIGH [3] >>>>> REDUCE VOLTS / WATTS
    TEMPERATURE HIGH [4] >>>>> LET COOL AND REPLACE BATTERY
    TEMPERATURE HIGH [5] >>>>> LET COOL AND REPLACE BATTERY

Have you tried a different atomiser ? there could be a intermittent short in it , which is feeding flaky info to the provari .

Of course it could be the provari is having a drama reading the Ohms , and that's a back to Provape deal

Trouble shooting ... new ( or newest KNOWN ) good battery... fit a Std atomiser if you have one , something proprietary that uses proprietary coils or similar ? Protank Atlantis, Nautilus , whatever you got ? Start down low and build up ... measure resistance on an atty checker before you begin and compare the result the Provari gives you ... they should be in the same ball park

It sounds to me like the resistance is flaky , either in your atty , or the P3's ability to interpret it ..
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Do you mean the batteries went to 0 Volts like completely drained?
    Then it Sounds like you have a short.
    Or Just the battery meter on the provari showing empty?
    If it was showing empty on the provari but a multimeter still said 4.2-3.7 the provari might have a faulty internal volt meter and volt regulator.
    If the batteries were truly drained according to a multimeter, I would dispose of them as they are now most likely damaged.
    What was the ohm of the atomiser with a multimeter or ohm meter?
    Last edited by Darth_Vaper; 15-07-15 at 01:45 PM.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys.

Batteries are fine.

Dual coil at 1.0 ohms but I did notice it didn't fire a couple of times.

I also noticed the coil dropped to 0.7 ohms a couple of times.

Maybe one of the coils crapped out? Haven't checked.

I've tried another atty with a new coil, but it seems like it needs a reset - but how?

Also noticed the brightness of the LED has bottomed. If I try and adjust it below 3 the screen goes black. Got it back fortunately!!!

Very confused. I think this little black duck may be heading to Provape.

Thanks again.