• 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By avtek
  • 1 Post By avtek
  • 2 Post By D1git

Thread: advice re vv wooden box mod please

AVF Regular

advice re vv wooden box mod please

hey folks - this box mod caught my eye - looks small too

$33.34-$36.27 Penny Style Wood 35W Variable Wattage/Voltage VW/VV Box Mod - Cherry
    anyone recognise what chip might be in there and whether it will be a goodie or a baddie?

im not really up with box mods as i have been using the same mech setup for over a year now - my knowledge of vv box mods ended with mvps and vtrs lol

any advice appreciated - tho im not interested in non wood box mod - i am really after a small wooden mod like this - preferably with a removeable battery

also i dont mind having less watts than this - i dont vape high watts/low ohms etc

Super Moderator
    Heya Avtek .. bit hard to see , but I reckon by the display its a Chidna ! ( Chinese DNA copy )... reliable? cant say , some are good some are not lol ( I am not really helping here ) It looks a good form factor tho

I got a Phimis box a while ago in a FT stuff up on pricing , its been solid so far and might suit your needs ?
    And no fiddly screws holding the back on like that penny
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...mechanical-mod
    avtek and bank like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Oh I should add mine looks heaps better in real life than those pics on the FT site ... nicer finish and grain
    YMMV however
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

AVF Regular
    thanks fm! Phimis looks good but a bit longer than i wanted on second look - tho it does take removeable batts which is a bonus - your link led me to find this one https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...riable-voltage with mixed reviews and seems the chip doesnt store your settings after powering off

Super Moderator
    Fit and form factor would lead me to think maybe that's the same as the Penny on the inside? with an upgrade to slidey door and magnets ?

One thing I thought about when grabbing the Phimis ... look at they way mods are going these days , for a complete 30W mod we are paying about Half the price the enclosure by itself would have cost you just a few years ago... I kinda look at under AU$50 mods as disposable for the sake of trying them these days Two packs of fags now really ( isnt that scary!!!)

And if worse comes to worse , you can whack a better board in them if you are so inclined

AVF Regular
    yeah looks like the same as the penny form factor

i kno what u mean re the price drops - its is insane right now - if it wasnt for the weakness of the aud this stuff would be totally disposable - also as for the battery not being removeable - i'm thinking i could always solder a new one in there when needed

love the look of wood at these prices!!!

Super Moderator
    Good news too is the batteries are only a few bucks from Hobbyking if you need to change them out too

AVF Regular
    oh okay - dumb question but will any decent 18650 do? would i have to use a similar one or could i just solder in a samsung 25r for example

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    oh okay - dumb question but will any decent 18650 do? would i have to use a similar one or could i just solder in a samsung 25r for example
    from the looks of the pics at the link you posted I''d say a high output 18650 would handle the job easily. 35W is not to extreme and don't rekon you'll be buiding 0.2 coils on purpose ;p

go high drains to be safe
    LG. Samsung, Sony.....
    Fatman and avtek like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011