Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DogMan
  • 1 Post By Mr Young

Thread: Dovpo TC-50 Mod no good

AVF Regular

Dovpo TC-50 Mod no good

Hi guys I finally received one of these. It's no good. I'd avoid it like the plague. Issue is that the temperature control only works until the unit goes to sleep and then it wakes up misreading the atomiser resistance and it craps out essentially not working as a TC unit.

It's cute and fine as a VW mod but as a temperature control unit it's a fail.

Issues are documented here too: https://www.fasttech.com/forums/2390...five-till-it/1

Avoid.

AVF Regular
    A little update. It seems to work ok if you dial the wattage and the temperature way up. Like 550f and 45w. I still don't really get why. My understanding was TC would stop you burning out wicks and coils as fast and keep you safer from hot vapour. Is the high temp actually a low temp and the unit isn't reading it correctly? Am I retarded?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Young View Post
    A little update. It seems to work ok if you dial the wattage and the temperature way up. Like 550f and 45w. I still don't really get why. My understanding was TC would stop you burning out wicks and coils as fast and keep you safer from hot vapour. Is the high temp actually a low temp and the unit isn't reading it correctly? Am I retarded?
    the temp is the limit

when you fire, it applies the amount of watts you set it to, then, in theory, backs off to maybe 10 watts to maintain that temp

if your watts are too high, sometimes the initial ramp up will heat it past your set temp and the devices will shut off the power

all that is based off generic temp control though, not this device
    Mr Young likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Yeah it was hitting temp protect fast at lower wattage and lower temperature 210c/410f at 20-25 watts. At the higher temperature limit and same wattage the vape was too cool and weak. I'll stand by my avoid call.
    DogMan likes this.