Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Help!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Help!

Firstly I would like to apologise as I am sure there are probably pages of information for new people but to be honest I am a bit of a learner with the whole "forum" thing!
    I am 32, smoked since I was 13 and have tried quitting several times, my longest attempt was 1.5 years! This time around I have stopped for 6 weeks and i am finding it really hard. I really don't want to go back to "smoking"
    I am seriously considering an "ecig" but am extremely overwhelmed with all of the information! I have looked at so many sites and I am clueless! Please help!

AVF Regular
    G'day and welcome.
    Is a heap of info for new vaper's in the new vapers forum.

To save you a bit of headache since i'm guessing you'll find your way back to this thread i'll post you a few links to helpful threads And don't worry we were all forum virgins once

New Vapers Forum

Starter Kits

Guide To Vaping

Crash Course For New Vapers
    Nickles & Dimes likes this.
    I often wonder. If absolutely nothing will stick to teflon. How do they get it to stay on the frying pan?

Thank you very much. I will read through that info

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles & Dimes View Post
    Firstly I would like to apologise as I am sure there are probably pages of information for new people but to be honest I am a bit of a learner with the whole "forum" thing!
    I am 32, smoked since I was 13 and have tried quitting several times, my longest attempt was 1.5 years! This time around I have stopped for 6 weeks and i am finding it really hard. I really don't want to go back to "smoking"
    I am seriously considering an "ecig" but am extremely overwhelmed with all of the information! I have looked at so many sites and I am clueless! Please help!
    I felt the same was as you when I first decided to try out vaping, there's just soo much information out there It can be confusing. I've only been doing it for about 2 months now but have learned a lot from the forum members on here.

What I was looking for when it came to the ecig was something small enough I could carry it around in my pocket all day and not notice it but have enough battery power to last all day and night. I personally ended up going with the Vision Spinner II battery (1600mAh) and the Kanger MOW clearomiser. Length it stands 170mm and 16.5mm in diameter which for me is a perfect size. The tank holds enough liquid that I only need to fill it 2 times a day. I bought all my stuff from VapeKing here in AUS. Brian over there is really helpful!

Liquid is a tricky one because everyone has a personal preference. I prefer fruit flavors and just placed and order from two different recommended vendors I found on here,
    Vape Shop NZ & Mt. Baker Vapor. Now I haven't received any of there liquids yet but I have read good things about them. Everyone will tell you its trial & error when it comes to finding a liquid that you like.

I can tell you right now I wont ever go back to smoking cigs after getting into vaping

AVF Regular
    N&D

If it's any consolation every after years of vaping I go into indecisive shock when some one asked me for advice on starting kits.

So many questions to ask to see what you would like

What overall size would you like or at least what size scares you off.
    How much will you use it and do you have access to charge it during the day. All things related to how much Eliquid you will need to carry at any particular time.
    Are you someone with any sort of hand issues that may find a particular size or shape difficult to hold or fire.
    Have you seen any ecigs in operation.
    Have you got someone who can show you how things work.

So many??????

Probably my big take away is that your first ecig is only a transition and a way to find out what you might like. Consider it training wheels and it is as important to find a vendor who will hold your hand.
    gtadmin and Nickles & Dimes like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    have to agree 110% BMR on the not going back to smoking thing. i'm fast approaching 3 years vaping myself. i started when i was 35, had been smoking since i was 13-14 and anytime i had tried "quitting" it had only lasted a few weeks at most and that was using the Dr prescribed meds.
    thing i found helped me mentally to change to vaping was i didn't look at it as quitting smoking. i viewed it more as changing to way cheaper and healthier brand of smokes.after a month of full time vaping i tried a ciggie and almost puked.
    now cause my taste buds and everything have all cleared up i can smell cigarette smoke and realise why non-smokers used to tell me it stinks
    i can remember for 6 months or so after i started vaping every container i opened that had last been opened when i was a smoker absolutely stunk and i threw out so much in the kitchen because the containers were rank with stale smoke smell i never noticed before.
    I often wonder. If absolutely nothing will stick to teflon. How do they get it to stay on the frying pan?

I see your point Crisscross! I don't really like the look of the box type, nor do I think I would like the "feel" of this type. I actually really like the look of the vantage series on vaper empires site but no idea if these are any good? But that is definitely the style I like. I really haven't thought about how much I would use it but if it helps I smoked about 15 cigarettes a day. I definitely have access to charge it daily. No hand issues, and no one to show me how to use so would prefer something not to extreme! I don't want something to big either. Can you recommend anything? Can you recommend somewhere for juices as well?
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickles & Dimes View Post
    I see your point Crisscross! I don't really like the look of the box type, nor do I think I would like the "feel" of this type. I actually really like the look of the vantage series on vaper empires site but no idea if these are any good? But that is definitely the style I like. I really haven't thought about how much I would use it but if it helps I smoked about 15 cigarettes a day. I definitely have access to charge it daily. No hand issues, and no one to show me how to use so would prefer something not to extreme! I don't want something to big either. Can you recommend anything? Can you recommend somewhere for juices as well?
    Ok how about this. I have some ego type batteries that I don't use and some basic clearos. I will put a few bits and pieces in the mail for you to try. It will give you a bit of a feel for the different sizes and decide which way to go. I should have a spare ego charger as well.

As for eliquids I will always suggest that you get unflavoured nicotine from OS and then combine it with local doublers. Then you can get lots of small samples to taste and practice on while your nicotine is on its way. Then when your nicotine arrives you can make up small batches in varying strengths until you find what suits.
    gtadmin and Nickles & Dimes like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

I wouldn't even know where to start with making my own batches up! I was looking at premixed to start while I get my head around it all. Where would you suggest getting the liquid from? There are so many places. I have looked at ones in NZ and America. Are they all quite similar?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast