Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: What's your build time?

AVF Regular

What's your build time?

When I first started building my own coils I found it relatively easy. Still somehow rebuilding a dual coil dripper would take me 20 minutes and a Kayfun style atty about 10. Now less than a year later my times have dropped significantly on these builds. I just built a dual coil with twisted wire in 10 minutes, and that includes twisting the wire too. Single coil builds now take less than 5 minutes. I'm actually amazed as I'm not really trying to go fast or clock watching, it's just an observation.
    Now I need some of this time saving goodness to rub off on my genesis builds... My first attempt took a whole Saturday and was somewhat of a failure. Even now it can still sometime. take me an hour to to tweak the bloody thing right. So glad the builds last for ages.

What's your build times like? Have they improved greatly over time?
    D1git, gtadmin, Crisscross and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

A tension wrapped contact coil, took 30s or so. It will take me a minute or so to mount it in the eGo-ONE coil head it's destined for.
    The beauty about this process is I can stretch the coil and it will spring back into shape.

ETA: wicking the coil though will add another minute or two, that's painful
    Last edited by gtadmin; 09-08-15 at 10:25 PM.
    D1git, Crisscross, Motmo and 1 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    No Photos but single Kanthal coil on squape in about a minute with kuro coil winder. Wick about another minute. Doesn't include dry burning though!
    Kuro rocks and squape is also ridiculously easy.
    D1git, gtadmin and Crisscross like this.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks 1961-94

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Depends on the day. Today I stuffed around for ages putting a coil in the Nutz 14.5mm squonk atty.

Due to how the deck is laid out you have to trap the neg wire in the right hand side of the post and as you screw it down it pushes it away. Nearly went out the window.

Most of the time it's usually under 5 mins.
    D1git, gtadmin, Browny and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I normally stick to dual parrellel builds on my rda's and that would take me about 5 minutes given that im not slacking... fused claptons and claptons take a lil longer, maybe 15-20 mins.
    Last edited by IvanDOTJ; 09-08-15 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Added photos
    gtadmin, Browny, Motmo and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Coil wrappings the easy bit,
    trying to stick tiny bits of wire into equally tiny holes, tighten up screws enough to make solid connections without cutting wire (Ni200 is freakin soft) and the trying to thread cotton through ~2mm holes so it's "just right" and isn't going to leak juice down bottom fed air holes!
    The above takes about 5mins for a dual coil Goblin Mini (got to get it just right or it leaks everywhere).
    normal single coil Kanthal build i an RDA is half that easily.
    gtadmin, Browny and Northerner like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Super Moderator
    Bout 1.7 seconds for my protank coil

( runs away giggling manically )
    D1git, Motmo, Northerner and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Bout 1.7 seconds for my protank coil

( runs away giggling manically )
    And BANG that's how it's done!

AVF Regular
    So far it's taken me about 565 days to build my first coil, but to be fair, I haven't bought any of the materials just yet.

Hoping to correct that soon however.
    There are two types of people in this world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanDOTJ View Post
    And BANG that's how it's done!
    BANG ... is right
    Fatman, IvanDOTJ and Brave like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast