Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IvanDOTJ

Thread: Vapor Flask v2.1 opinions

Nut
    AVF Regular

Vapor Flask v2.1 opinions

Hi guys,

Was hoping to get some feedback on the Vapor flask. I have not long been vaping but I can certainly see it being a long term hobby! Im currently using an eLeaf 50w which has been fantastic to date. I want to have atleast 2 mods at home 'just in case' and I figure that I might as well go straight to the higher end because thats where I will end up ultimately, thats just me.

I love the look of the Vapor flask and the reviews all seem to be glowing. Would love to hear peoples first hand opinions. Are there any other mods in the higher end I should consider? I would of course be happy to spend less on something thats quality, the Vapor flask just seems so well built. Im currently playing around with building coils on a Lemo 2 and Subtank mini. Ive found around 0.5 ohm to be my sweet spot and usually operate 25 - 35w. Definitely a lung hitter.

Also what are peoples thoughts on a future V3? Where might things go from here and would it be worth waiting for?

I know thats alot of questions and most of them very novice, but I appreciate your opinions.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Vapor flasks are great solid things but theres a new one coming out soon which has the sx chip. I like the 2.1 and it served me well for a lil bit but im not that much of a fan of the dna 40 chips.

If you're willing to wait I'd suggest try n find a good dna 200 machine or a trusty mod that has a sx 350j chip...
    Last edited by IvanDOTJ; 17-08-15 at 08:01 PM.
    disley likes this.

Nut
    AVF Regular
    Thanks mate! It seems like Sx is the preferred chip around now that I read up on it. From what I can gather the temp control is better on the Sx and it goes up to 60w.
    Not sure if there are any other real world benefits.

AVF Regular
    Wait for the Vapor Flask with the DNA200 chip, the latest tanks run at over 100watts.
    There will be a yihi chip which will go over 100watts, if it's not available now it will be soon.

Nut
    AVF Regular
    Disley can you explain to me the benefits of having that much power? If I run my subtank mini over 35 watts the vapour is very warm/hot. Im not sure ill ever need to go over 100w, bearing in mind that I have no intention of using drippers.
    This is the part of high power mods that confuses me. Id appreciate your advice.

AVF Regular
    The TFV4 and Uwell crown have more sophisticated coils, which produce better flavour and lots more vapour.
    The TFV4 runs anywhere up to 130w, for the quad coil header.
    I can't predict the future, but if the popularity of these tanks is high enough, we'll see lots more coming on the market.
    Another thing is like with the VF DNA40, the two 18650 batteries give it exceptionally long use.
    New mods with 2 or 3 batteries will give you the extra power, so you don't risk them going flat.
    You don't need to buy the power hungry tanks, you can still run your 40watt tanks for 2 or 3 days without needing to install fresh batteries.
    I'm going to buy the Smok TFV4 tank and some triple and quad core coils, and a +150watt mod to run it, and see if it's as good as I've read or seen in reviews.
    Vaping may not continue to head in that direction, but so far we've seen devices with more power being developed and gaining popularity, the Temp Control held it at 40watts for a while, but now that's working at higher watts, I think it's the future.