Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sub-ohming

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Sub-ohming

I'd like to try venturing into the realm of sub ohm vaping.

I've been stuck on regular VV batteries like Spinners and Aspire VV for a while now and am looking for something with a little more punch.

Being fairly new to vaping im not comfortable with these RBA coils and would prefer just to use replacements if possible.
    I haven't done too much research into the rebuilding process of coils and maybe I think its harder then it actually is.

I like the Kanger Subox mini as it comes in a complete kit RTG.

Any suggestions would be great!

AVF Regular
    there's quite a few options now for simple sub-ohming (ie not RBA)out on the market now. i just had a quick look at vapeking and brian seems to have 4-5 mods that can do it in a VV/VW style format and most of your bigger atty brands like aspire and kanger are making subohm tank mods. i'd suggest do some looking at reviews of available ones on you-tube and the such then go with the one you think would best suite you
    Browny and BMR3 like this.
    I often wonder. If absolutely nothing will stick to teflon. How do they get it to stay on the frying pan?

AVF Regular
    As Paddlin' said, there are a few options - Kanger, Smok and Aspire all make readily available Sub ohm tanks. A lot are .5 ohm, but some are lower resistance. I'd recommend deciding on which mod you prefer first, because then you'll know how low it can fire. Then you can decide which tank(s) you want to try. A lot of them have been reviewed either here on on youtube, so there is plenty of info about them. The Sub Box Mini would be a good place to start. It's not too expensive, and can fire down to .3 ohms. I'm not sure how much extra kick you want, but I moved to .5 ohm coils after being on 1.6's, and don't think I'll be going much lower anytime soon!
    BMR3 likes this.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

AVF Regular
    It also depends on your budget.

I started with vision spinners, then a provari with a nautilus, always with 1.6ohms coils +/-. Then the Atlantis, knger subtank series, Herakles and now a Triton. As far as mods go, you also have a vast choice. i have remained at 0.2 to 0.5ohms and want a battery that will give me more than I need, I don't feel comfortable pushing the mod to its limits. i have an IPV V2 70W, vaporshark rDNA 40. SMY TC 60 W , segelei 150 and others. My main vaping gear is vaporshark with Atlantis and the SMY with the triton.
    BMR3 likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    It also depends on your budget.

I started with vision spinners, then a provari with a nautilus, always with 1.6ohms coils +/-. Then the Atlantis, knger subtank series, Herakles and now a Triton. As far as mods go, you also have a vast choice. i have remained at 0.2 to 0.5ohms and want a battery that will give me more than I need, I don't feel comfortable pushing the mod to its limits. i have an IPV V2 70W, vaporshark rDNA 40. SMY TC 60 W , segelei 150 and others. My main vaping gear is vaporshark with Atlantis and the SMY with the triton.
    Budget isn't an issue.

I just want something that is easy to use and operate.
    That's why im not sure I want to be messing around with rebuildable coils and such.
    I don't mind buying new coils and just replacing the old ones.

Im a little confused by the Kanger Subox mini kit.
    It says it comes with OCC coils and RBA coils. Does this mean I can just use the OCC coils and not need to rebuild?

Quote Originally Posted by BMR3 View Post
    Budget isn't an issue.
    It says it comes with OCC coils and RBA coils. Does this mean I can just use the OCC coils and not need to rebuild?
    Yes. OCC coils are the pre-built ones that you replace. The RBA section is optional in case you want to try rebuilding.
    BMR3 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Keep in mind most of these sub ohm devices are meant for direct lung inhales.
    Browny and CCVaper like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Keep in mind most of these sub ohm devices are meant for direct lung inhales.
    Very important point. If you don't like lung hits, subohm tanks like the kager, atlantis are definitely not for you
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    oops double post

Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    Very important point. If you don't like lung hits, subohm tanks like the kager, atlantis are definitely not for you
    Interesting......So if I only do mouth to lung what would be an option?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast