Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: WARNING: iTaste MVP3.0 FAIL

gxs
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

WARNING: iTaste MVP3.0 FAIL

Hi guys,

Purchased an iTaste MVP3.0 about 6 months ago (comes with a 90 day warranty) and it's screwed already. What happens is the ohms seem to get misread by the device and they keep climbing up every fire until the auto-shutdown out kicks in and you have to plug it in to a changer to reset it...the built in mini-USB doesn't suffice as it's also cut off, first thing I tried I had a work around for a while by removing the tank (Kanga Sub-Tank with 0.5 ohm replicable burner) and firing the MVP until the auto-cut out kicked in after 15 seconds, this would give me another 10-20 hits until it started again...and believe me, you can taste it instantly! Burned cotton 100%, eJuice 0%..eeewwwww! I've tried multiple tanks and the same thing happens on each, checked the Google machine and I'm not alone, seems to be an issue for a few other peeps as well. iTaste will replace it when video evidence is presented AND it's still under warranty so I'm shite outa luck

Originally purchased this as my first step in to the sub-ohm world and loved it from day 1 until the day it died. I've double checked and it's a legit device, no clone sold as original here, purchased through Health Cabin. Very pissed off it only lasted 6 months, it was my "home device" so only used 50% of the time, I would expect at least 2 years out of such a device for the price myself but hey...90 day warranty.

I have just purchased 2 Kanga sub-ohm big watt batteries, both completely different models so I should have a sub-backup if one fails, they won't arrive for a couple of weeks though...no sub-ohm for a while...booo!

Just wanted say I have to avoid iTaste products for a while, I may come back to them, but for now...Hello KANGA

Thanks for letting me vent!

G.
    Black Betty likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome. Sorry to hear it didn't last as long as you expected. Sadly most of this sort of gear is mass produced and there will be all sorts of experiences of their longevity. I treat most of this sort of gear as long term disposable. If they last then great if they don't and I have treated them well then I am miffed but not shattered. I try to get the best value for my vaping spend but still get it wrong sometimes.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

gxs
    Thanks Crisscross, completely agree, do some research and purchase on what you can afford and think will last. iTaste, Kanga etc. are disposables but cheap, this was my first foray in to sub-ohm, figured I'd go cheap and nasty again for my second...what are your thoughts for my 3rd?

AVF Regular
    Mech !.....
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gxs View Post
    Thanks Crisscross, completely agree, do some research and purchase on what you can afford and think will last. iTaste, Kanga etc. are disposables but cheap, this was my first foray in to sub-ohm, figured I'd go cheap and nasty again for my second...what are your thoughts for my 3rd?
    I don't sub ohm so I am probably not one to advise here. My gear consists of provaris, billet boxes and Greek mechs and of course I am a carto tank vaper, (relic tootle puffer) I have been vaping for quite a while so once I found what I wanted I tended to stop looking for new functionality just new colours of the same thing. LOL for me the provaris and billet boxes are bullet proof but they are not for sub ohms.

AVF Regular
    cheap, reliable, sub ohm friendly, sound like its time for an istick.
    that new 100w is fascinating

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    Mech !.....
    In one word.

There's plenty of people out there crying when their $600 fancy ass custom mods died in less than 6 months leaving them a very pretty brick.
    Black Betty likes this.

Super Moderator
    I assume everything with a built in battery will last about 6 months ... for that life, I expect to pay between $40 and $100. IMO, about average life out of your MVP, especially given the relatively hard life (sub-ohming).

My MVP2 (which my daughter has now) has lasted a couple of years, but only has had 1.8 ohm coils on it.
    Crisscross and Black Betty like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

gxs
    Thanks guys, appreciate any and all advice...damn dem Billets be pricy! Pretty sure a Mech of some sort will be my next purchase but I am now fixated on those damn Billets...
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gxs View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate any and all advice...damn dem Billets be pricy! Pretty sure a Mech of some sort will be my next purchase but I am now fixated on those damn Billets...
    They suit my style of vaping. They might not suit yours. There are a lot of options for you to choose from, and I suppose you need to see what fits your style and technique. Personally I have spent more on tanks than I ever did on the battery device.....it's completely individual.

The BB's .......They are sexy though.
    Black Betty likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast