Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: newbie looking at getting my first mod

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

newbie looking at getting my first mod

hey guys, ive just joined the forum and wanted to ask a few questions.
    so i have recently ordered (without doing much research) a basic ecig (the vaporfi pro 2 with 1000mah battery and 1.5 ohm resistors) because i am looking at getting off cigarettes, but after doing alot of research ive decided that if i enjoy this i will look into getting a mod. i will probably still use pro 2 for my every day vaping, but i want to get basically a big bad cloud machine, so what im asking is what would be a good setup ?
    so what mod, what tank/s, coil wires, cotton etc. would you guys recommend? i basically just wanna get big tasty clouds, and dont have a huge amount of funds, that said i don't mind paying a bit extra so long as it is worth the money.
    i was looking at the mvp 3.0 pro with the isub g tank starter kit, but dont really know whether its the right choice, have heard a lot of goof things about it though.
    Also any information about where you guys are buying your rigs, coils/wire, cotton, battery's and liquids from would be awesome, have found a few cheap places but not looking forward to the shipping times.
    Also if you know of anywhere that i can learn all the kind of ins and outs of how to do coils etc. also wouldn't mind knowing what size wire etc to use for whatever mod setup you guys recommend.
    Again i'm new to this so i apologise for anything i may have said which was stupid and i know theres probably numerous threads already on this topic but just wanted to try get all the answers in the one place haha, cheers guys.

AVF Regular
    uugh i wish Vaporfi would die in ditch somewhere.... $50 (US) for a evod

Welcome to AVF
    Please take the time to fill out your location in your profile, now on to the questions

Here is a link to youtube, 3 vids from a guy called Grimm Green does a basic intro/how to for newbie vapers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOl...BJoUbQWJcZr4At

There are plenty of Aussie based vape stores depending on your location,
    that will cut down on the shipping times and your wallet (exchange rates).

Blowing Big Clouds is a skill, there is no simple answer.
    Mvp and and the Isub will blow bigger clouds then that vaporfi POS, if you want the real big ones (set of Smoke alarms)
    you will need a Dripping atomizer and coil building skills
    Fatman and Snidely_Whiplash like this.

AVF Regular
    Well said hoof!

Just watch heaps of youtube videos and try to learn the ins and outs of vaping. But before you start thinking about blowing massive clouds make sure you got your ohms law down pat, from there you can start researching cloud rigs.

Watch rip trippers ( he's a bit of a douch) cloud chasing 101 vids to get the idea of what happens in the realms of giant plumes! He's coil making vids ain't bad also...

Then also check out, twisted 420, suck my mod and the vaping bogan ( if you don't mind cursing) , ruby roo for some descent rig reviews.
    Hope that helps, it's like 4am and im half asleep.

Enjoy.

Cheers guys
    What are some Aussie based ones ? Or where can I find links to them ?
    I'm set when it comes to ohms law and the electrical components and understanding them, I study engineering and have done electrical units so have more than adequate knowledge when it comes to electrical systems, it's more just wanting to know what's around because there's so many options and so much variety it can be scary for a newbie

AVF Regular
    Vaping Supplies and Australian Vaping Liquids

https://houseofvape.com.au

E cigarette Kits, Vape Products & Ejuices - Vape Street

I normally stick to those 3 shops but there's heaps of others. I like them because of their fast shipping and good customer service and authentic products...

I sound like a bad infomercial for those 3 shops hahaha!
    Last edited by IvanDOTJ; 24-08-15 at 11:19 AM.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    What do you mean by paying a bit extra if it's worth the money?
    You can buy a good quality reasonably priced mech and RDA for about US$100-130 each. In my opinion $500 on a genuine set up is worth it if you like it, but you may not think so and wish to buy clones for about $25 each. I don't personally support clones, but nothing wrong with them if you're on a tight budget and can't afford the real thing.

Mods I like and recommend: MCR, Dominus Mods, Epic Design Studios SMPL, Praxis, Dotmod. There are countless more but I like as small as possible and generally hybrid connection.
    RDA's: Dotmod, Aeolus, Royal Hunter, Derringer (great for flavour but not clouds). I'm sure many other people can chime in for recommendations.

Just a few ideas to get you looking at possibilities.

Batteries supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Chargers Lithium Ion items on eBay Stores! Something like VTC5's or 25R's.

Charger such as Nitecore D4 LCD Intelligent Battery Charger FOR AA AAA 18650 26650 IMR LIFEPO4 | eBay

Kanthal Kanthal A 1 Heating Wire | eBay Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have 22g any more. If you want clouds you'll want 20g, 22g, 24g ish

Cotton pads for wick PM Studio
    Last edited by Kaoself; 24-08-15 at 07:44 PM.

thanks guys, really appreciate the advice, i still think ill go with the mvp 3.0 pro but i wont get it in the kit and may go with the kanger subtank mini. want to keep it sort more on a social easy level so not really looking at drippers, and have looked at a few of the recommended ones but i seem to be able to find alot more info and places to buy the mvp, which just makes me a little more confident, although i know that doesnt really mean anything.

Super Moderator
    You'll need to use any dollars you save on gear to buy lots of juice.

Big bad clouds = lots of juice to provide those clouds

You can then sit back and watch your money go up in smoke so to speak
    Altered1 and Timm4h like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Unfortunately I must opine that a sub ohm clearo won't get you big bad clouds, or tasty clouds. lol

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoself View Post
    Unfortunately I must OPINE that a sub ohm clearo won't get you big bad clouds, or tasty clouds. lol
    o·pine

verb: opine;
    3rd person present: opines;
    past tense: opined;
    past participle: opined;
    gerund or present participle: opining

hold and state as one's opinion.
    "“The man is a genius,” he opined"

Could 'ave just said IMHO
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 25-08-15 at 05:21 AM.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast