Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By IvanDOTJ
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By Kaoself
  • 2 Post By Paddlin

Thread: mech mod issues

AVF Regular

Angry mech mod issues

ok folks am on here to see if anyone else has any idea's that might help me.

i have a panzer clone mech mod. hasn't missed a beat since i got it. i've had it sitting on the sidelines for the last week cause i didn't feel like rebuilding my ithaka so have goone back to using old vv mod.

pulled my finger out and rebuilt ithaka and screwed it onto mech mod.
    won't fire.
    ok no worries pull rba apart and check it. all fine. swap to a fresh battery thinking might be a dead battery. put in fresh battery. rba on top.
    won't fire.
    hmm ok maybe contacts are gunked up or something. check contactsand give em a wipe. check centre post is all in contact. yep all good battery back in and.
    won't fire.
    ok so battery out of VV and into mech mod.
    won't fire.
    atty off VV onto mech mod.
    won't fire.
    pull mech mod down to constituant parts clean in hot soapy water. rinse off parts in hot clean water, clean out all threads with lead pencil then wipe out. brass parts cleaned off and all contacts given a quick polish with scourer.bras contacts dropped into glass of cokefor 15 minutes then rewashed and rinsed.
    all parts dried thoroughly mod reassembled. battery from VV put in. atty off VV put on. know both are working cause been puffing on it while doing all above.

WON'T &^#^$#@%# FIRE

HELP!!
    I often wonder. If absolutely nothing will stick to teflon. How do they get it to stay on the frying pan?

AVF Regular
    Since it's a mech, only thing i can think of is, something isn't making contact.
    Bobthebuilder and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    Did you check the Ohms on the RDA. Sounds more like a short.
    Hoofprint likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    All I can think of is the positive contact pin not making proper connection between the atty 510 centre and the battery top. If the button battery contact touches the battery it should be making a circuit. It's not only the button shaft touching the housing but the magnets touching that makes the contact, right?
    Bobthebuilder likes this.

AVF Regular
    eureka.
    tiny crack in the sleeve around the centre pin connector. just enough that the mod was shorting out before it even got to the atty. leccy tape fixed it and back to puffing like a steam train again
    Fatman and avtek like this.
    I often wonder. If absolutely nothing will stick to teflon. How do they get it to stay on the frying pan?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddlin View Post
    eureka.
    tiny crack in the sleeve around the centre pin connector. just enough that the mod was shorting out before it even got to the atty. leccy tape fixed it and back to puffing like a steam train again
    paddlin - great that u got it working

but i'm confused - if it was shorting wouldnt the battery discharge?

im not an electrical genius btw so that may be a dumb question...

AVF Regular
    yeah strange
    I would have thought the mod would heat up very quickly with that kind of short, and you'd feel it on the button?

AVF Regular
    old batteries i used to have that happened. was like the whole mod was trying to melt in my hands but these new ones i got are the protected ones so i'm guessing that must have a short protector or something in em to help maybe ?