Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: cloupor mini plus and koopor mini - ni200 and Ti

AVF Regular

cloupor mini plus and koopor mini - ni200 and Ti

AVF Regular
    Saw a review on the koopor mini. The 510 is too much to one side so cos of the rounding a 22mm tank over hangs/has a lip on it. But other than that it looked pretty good for the price.

AVF Regular
    the original cloupor mini has the same issue, but its the price we pay for minimal form factor

they both look good to me so having trouble atm deciding which one to get!

any advice anyone can offer on pros and cons of both would be much appreciated

AVF Regular
    Well personally given their track record of early release failures I'd avoid cloupor and probably go for the Koopor. Koopor are a division of Smok (i'm pretty sure) much like Joyetech and eLeaf. So quality SHOULD be better in the Koopor.

AVF Regular
    Ha ha ha.... yeah, Cloupor aren't going to live that one down.

That said - Smok doesn't have that good a track record either, what with the XPRO M80's buggy TC implementation (there really wasn't much C in their TC, according to the pbusardo review).

In the more distant past (a few years back), some of the metal cased Smok Grooves (I think that was the name, it was a long time ago) had a habit of shorting and catching fire. The design flaws were worse than the Cloupor Mini - there were actually recalls involved, iirc (no pun intended).

I'd say judge based on the mods themselves. Both companies have made some steaming piles of nope in the past. If possible - wait until both devices have been out a while, and have a few more reviews.

Personally, I'm waiting around for the Koopor Mini to show up in black (it is A Thing, just not at all vendors yet) - but that's just because I'm a total sucker for circuit board prints .

I think the Cloupor has the better size and weight, but there's nothing about it that really grabs me enough to want one. The IPV D2, or the upcoming eVic VT Mini are more appealing to me for small nondescript plain TC boxen.
    MCYL likes this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    the original cloupor mini was a great unit, it easily replaced the provari i was using and is now collecting dust, bought some for friends as well, no problems at all

wanted the same for TC but couldn't wait and got a dna40 and zero mods clones, both excellent, but big and weighty

just noticed the cloupor mini plus is also available from ft, but its preorder, the koopor allegedly ships in 5 days, i think i'll just wait a month or so before i get one

i'm leaning towards cloupor based on experience with original, the koopor just seems like a clone of the cloupor and it has a crappy logo on it, plus a crappy name

the difference might come down to the chip if one outperforms the other

the specs show the cloupor to be a bit stealthier, but would have more overhang

koopor
    DEPTH 24 mm
    HEIGHT 83 mm
    WIDTH 40 mm
    PRODUCT WEIGHT 169 g

cloupor mini plus
    DEPTH 22 mm
    HEIGHT 78.5 mm
    WIDTH 37 mm
    PRODUCT WEIGHT 160 g

cloupor mini
    DEPTH 22 mm
    HEIGHT 77.5 mm
    WIDTH 36 mm
    PRODUCT WEIGHT 180 g

AVF Regular
    Why they keep making box's with rounded top edges that makes the atty overhang is beyond me even the 80W Clouper GT has much the same overhang.

AVF Regular
    I have a Koopor on the way. Will report back

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    I think the Cloupor has the better size and weight, but there's nothing about it that really grabs me enough to want one. The IPV D2, or the upcoming eVic VT Mini are more appealing to me for small nondescript plain TC boxen.
    the D2 and evic vtc mini are both nice, just saw the evic vtc mini on ft, 15 day preorder, should be lots to choose from once the pre orders are over, i'm with you on the vtc mini, nice little unit, its gonna be a tough decision now!

evic vtc mini
    DEPTH 22.2 mm
    HEIGHT 82 mm
    WIDTH 38.2 mm
    WEIGHT 200 g

not sure what chip is in the evic vtc mini or how it performs and theres no mention of support for titanium either
    Last edited by nicks; 28-08-15 at 09:56 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Why they keep making box's with rounded top edges that makes the atty overhang is beyond me even the 80W Clouper GT has much the same overhang.
    definitely should be avoided if the mod is large enough like in the dna40 design

even with square edges i think its not possible to avoid overhang in the smaller units like the cloupor mini

it'd be nice if they could offset the 510 connector into the center of the mod, much like they offset the positive post in 2 post atties

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast