Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BMR3
  • 1 Post By KH41
  • 1 Post By KH41
  • 2 Post By KH41

Thread: Kanger Subox Mini

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Kanger Subox Mini

I've being thinking about getting this for a while now and have done some research into as well as watched some videos.
    A guy at work happen to have one today and he let me have a go on it and WOW!!!!! I could believe the flavor and cloud that came out when I took a hit.
    I was instantly sold!!!!

Now the easy part is buying the starter kit but its the RBA that's new to me.
    The guy said its quite easy to do and they last about two weeks.

What I need to know is on top of the starter kit what else should I be ordering?

-18650 Batteries QTY 2 (back-up on the charge is always good to have I hear)
    -Battery charger
    -Ohm Meter
    -Kanthal wire (26 gauge?)
    -Coil wrapping tool?
    -Extra Cotton
    -Extra 0.5 ohm coils

Is that it or am I missing something?
    Berowra vaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BMR3 View Post
    What I need to know is on top of the starter kit what else should I be ordering?

-18650 Batteries QTY 2 (back-up on the charge is always good to have I hear) <- yes this is what i do, eliminates the need to have the thing on charge even though it has pass-through.
    -Battery charger <- im using a nitecore d2 digicharger, haven't had an issue yet and is doing the job just fine.
    -Ohm Meter <- i have purchased one but have yet to use it, after putting the coils in i have just been using the mod which comes with it to test ohm.
    -Kanthal wire (26 gauge?) <- have bought but have yet to use so cant comment there
    -Coil wrapping tool? <- same as above, i have purchased some premade coils (because im lazy and their cheap haha)
    -Extra Cotton <- you can pick up a bag of muji cotton from ebay for about $7 delivered, in a pack of 140 sheets, this should last a while.
    -Extra 0.5 ohm coils <- not needed if you are using the RBA.
    I'm still fairly new also to vaping but these are some of the things i have come across in my one month plus of vaping.

the other things i have purchased are ;

spare glass for the tank, just in case you drop it
    spare subtank mini (mainly because i hated waiting for the thing to dry after i clean it, i change flavors every couple of days and whilst doing so i change the cotton and clean the tank)
    juice, i stock up on juice because most of the time you need to steep the juice, so i bulk buy and let them sit.

In regards to the RBA, if you jump on youtube, search subtank mini rba rebuild, there is a few videos guiding your through step by step on recoiling and also wicking the RBA.

Hope this helps
    BMR3 likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by KH41 View Post
    I'm still fairly new also to vaping but these are some of the things i have come across in my one month plus of vaping.

the other things i have purchased are ;

spare glass for the tank, just in case you drop it
    spare subtank mini (mainly because i hated waiting for the thing to dry after i clean it, i change flavors every couple of days and whilst doing so i change the cotton and clean the tank)
    juice, i stock up on juice because most of the time you need to steep the juice, so i bulk buy and let them sit.

In regards to the RBA, if you jump on youtube, search subtank mini rba rebuild, there is a few videos guiding your through step by step on recoiling and also wicking the RBA.

Hope this helps
    I didn't know you could buy pre-made coils!!
    Like you im lazy and don't care about spending a few extra bucks.
    Who sells the pre-made ones? and which did you get?

AVF Regular
    I didn't know you could buy pre-made coils!!
    Like you im lazy and don't care about spending a few extra bucks.
    Who sells the pre-made ones? and which did you get?
    www.fasttech.com is where i have been purchasing all my spares.

just be careful when buying from there because they also sell copies.

the authentic stuff is actually real, just make sure you read the description and also reviews to make sure you have the right one.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2061600

another tip is, you can pay $2.50 more for Australian expedited mail, which comes quicker (about 10 days) than the free shipping offered.
    BMR3 likes this.

AVF Regular
    How are you guys buying from OS atm with the Aussie Dollar at 71 cents ?

I can't do it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post

I can't do it.
    The way I look at it, because i only started a month ago and the AUD to USD was bad already, its the norm for me if you know what i mean.

And to me, it doesnt bother me because if i wasnt vaping, id still be smoking and smoking cost a hell of a lot more.
    Dhufish and BMR3 like this.

AVF Regular
    True True,

I've only just got into vaping as well, my wallet has taken a hit these last 8 weeks but if the dollar drops below 70 it will be Aus and NZ vendors only.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post

I can't do it.
    There are still plenty of products that are cheaper to buy OS than in Aus.

AVF Regular
    I've being thinking about getting this for a while now and have done some research into as well as watched some videos.
    A guy at work happen to have one today and he let me have a go on it and WOW!!!!! I could believe the flavor and cloud that came out when I took a hit.
    I was instantly sold!!!!

Now the easy part is buying the starter kit but its the RBA that's new to me.
    The guy said its quite easy to do and they last about two weeks.

-18650 Batteries QTY 2 (back-up on the charge is always good to have I hear)
    -Battery charger
    -Ohm Meter
    -Kanthal wire (26 gauge?)
    -Coil wrapping tool?
    -Extra Cotton
    -Extra 0.5 ohm coils

Is that it or am I missing something?
    Hi there, I have the same kit and have found it to be very very good!

-18650 Batteries QTY 2 (back-up on the charge is always good to have I hear) Yes look for name brands like Samsung, LG, Sony 2500-3000mah
    -Battery charger - I picked up an Xstar VC2 after reading up on them. it's been good (I think) charges the batteries and hasn't exploded! They are active on these forums too: XTAR- Upcoming new products, news, feedbacks, suggestions- everything about XTAR Nitecore brand seems to get a lot of love too. An alternative is you can charge the batteries in mod but the experts say a stand alone charger is better at charging and of course you can have a spare charging in the background
    -Ohm Meter - probably not, you can test the ohms on the mod
    -Kanthal wire (26 gauge?) Not for me I bought these pre coils from Fasttech: https://www.fasttech.com/product/2107000 they work great
    -Coil wrapping tool? Not if you go pre coiled wire
    -Extra Cotton yes!
    -Extra 0.5 ohm coils yes!

Another vote for Fasttech for little bits and pieces. Spare tank would be good, the kit tank doesn't come with a spare glass but if you got another tank on it's own that's packed with a spare glass tank part, two coils, a spare pre made coil, cotton and an RBA unit with a coil in it. So if you just grabbed a spare tank and some fully made coils you'd be set for a couple of weeks at least. And you'd have one spare glass as a backup.

AVF Regular
    Plus one for the mini ��.