Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Danyel Geelong
  • 1 Post By Hoofprint
  • 1 Post By Berowra vaper
  • 1 Post By KNGPN

Thread: KangerTech VOCC Subtank Coils. Please help me decide

AVF Regular

KangerTech VOCC Subtank Coils. Please help me decide

So Ive tried an advanced search of AVF re the above titled coils, but failed to find anything. Im due to buy more coils for the subtanks, and saw these verticle coils are now available, but are they an upgrade or not. My scepticism stems after reading negative comments on them, in the only youtube video I could find that talks about them. Has anyone tried 'em out yet, and if so, how did you find them compared to the regular OCC subtank coils? I have rebuilt a number of OCC's in VOCC fashion, mostly with success though, was still trying to perfect the wicking. However, I am finding my time unfairly limited of late, so may consider just buying these if anyone can honestly recommend them.
    Hoofprint likes this.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    i got the VOCC 0.5 coils, they wick fairly well i haven't had any major problems.
    unlike it says on the coil head, pulling 60w with a high vg isn't possible, for the real thick stuff (75+) seems to cap out at 40ish watts.

ill rate them as
    +1 for the lazy vape

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    i got the VOCC 0.5 coils, they wick fairly well i haven't had any major problems.
    unlike it says on the coil head, pulling 60w with a high vg isn't possible, for the real thick stuff (75+) seems to cap out at 40ish watts.
    Cheers Hoof. Compared to the 0.5ohm OCC's, and using the heavy juice, what was your max wattage?
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    bout the same as the other coils after you do the pin trick.
    Im chuffing 75vg chole at 40watts (4.81v) any higher it starts to burn.
    33w seems to be my good spot
    Danyel Geelong likes this.

AVF Regular
    Plus one for the pin trick made a massive difference for me even at 25 watts the wick couldn't keep up on a long draw

AVF Regular
    I really like the new coils, the old coils I couldn't take over 28W without starting to burn.
    The new coils I've taken up to 45W with no issues with 75ish VG - only difference being that I've changed the drip tip (currently using the one that came with the Silo Beast). I've noticed that the standard drip tips are a little tight for my taste and is leads me towards dry hits.
    This is on the new subtank btw