Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: One faulty eVic, Two fautly eVic's...

AVF Regular

One faulty eVic, Two fautly eVic's... Or maybe not.

Not impressed with the eVic's any more, their ti mode on both has failed.

When I got the first one I didn't try ti much as I didn't have the wire and a good tank to use with RBA. So I just ran it with kanthal. 3 weeks ago I get another eVic, TFV4 tank, RBA and ti wire all set to delve into TC and ti.

My first builds were not very good and also found the RBA not very good. I managed to rectify that and got to a point of a good vape with the TFV4 and a ti build. I was using my new eVic at the time. Not long after getting it going great guns, ti mode became a very wispy flavorless vape. After redoing build etc without success I tried the same tank and build on my old eVic, bang, great vape. Tried switching over several times and it was consistent.

To explain the vape better, there is no ramp up in power to get to temp, when it works you can hear it ramp up quickly and then back off. That just doesn't happen now, like it is running at half the power needed.

So I continued to use the old eVic and contacted vendor regarding the new eVic. Fast forward a week or so and now the old eVic is doing the same thing. Reading the forums I see there is another member experiencing similar issues with ti.

Both eVics still work fine in power mode, the vape in ti is so bad I am stopping using it. Juice consumption like this really drops of and becomes pointless using. Back to kanthal for how long I don't know.

Both eVic's no longer work effectively in ti mode.

Can't imagine I will get the old one repaired either as it is a sample mod, comp win from Heavens Gifts.
    Last edited by Cams; 01-09-15 at 12:32 AM.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Have you watched the screen to see exactly what's going on?

perhaps try turning the initial power down and see if ramps up that way?

AVF Regular
    A little more testing. Note, build reads 0.35 on ohms meter.

New eVic, build reads 0.31 in ti, trying it in power and ni it reads 0.49, in ni mode it works well, perhaps overpowering the coil, but turning temp down is fine (240 C down to 215 C). Trying it on old eVic it reads 0.34 and works poorly in ni and ti but works fine in power mode.

I have used ni on the old eVic before getting the ti wire. Seems as though it works for a week or 2 in each mode then stops working effectively. I suspect that sooner or later ni will stop working on the new eVic.

AVF Regular
    Funny thing this eVic. With the resistance showing up as different values I decided to do another build, made it the same as before, wire, wraps and diameter and once again 0.35. Put it on the new eVic and it seems to be working. Really don't understand it why the last build would work on one and not the other after working for a while. Firmware versions are not the same, only thing I can think of.

Fingers crossed.

AVF Regular
    Can depend on how old the build and the condition of the coil/wick.

I find as the coils gunks up a bit the resistance can change slightly and this also greatly effects the performance.

AVF Regular
    i think the evics have issues with TC, below is a quote from a thread on ECF:

"These may be dropping out of tc mode. I've recently acquired a new evic-vt that I put a dual coil dripper on. I wrapped 2x11 wrap on 3.0mm 26ga ti wire coils for it. Intermittently, the mod is dropping out of tc and into power mode. Unscrewing and re screwing the atty gets it back into tc mode for a little while, but then it will flip back to power mode eventually."

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    Can depend on how old the build and the condition of the coil/wick.

I find as the coils gunks up a bit the resistance can change slightly and this also greatly effects the performance.
    It was pretty gunked up, at the end it was going on 0.5 from 0.35, having it locked in at a lower resistance might not help either.

Quote Originally Posted by nicks View Post
    i think the evics have issues with TC, below is a quote from a thread on ECF:

"These may be dropping out of tc mode. I've recently acquired a new evic-vt that I put a dual coil dripper on. I wrapped 2x11 wrap on 3.0mm 26ga ti wire coils for it. Intermittently, the mod is dropping out of tc and into power mode. Unscrewing and re screwing the atty gets it back into tc mode for a little while, but then it will flip back to power mode eventually."
    I had the eVic drop out of TC when using ni, it was a really low build which I think is the primary cause of that. With ti I have never had it drop out, lowest ti build has been 0.35.

Seems they are both working, however the old eVic does have a loose 510. By this I mean once the tank is screwed on, it has a bit of a wobble to it. When it was held in one position, it lost connection. After watching a vid I gently prised the pin up a bit and cleaned it and that seems to have resolved the loss of connection, but it still has a wobble. Took it apart earlier and could not see if it can be tightened.

AVF Regular
    I had a similar experience to you. Not the dropping out of Ti mode though. Just a flavorless cold vape. Tried Ti in Ni mode and had a great result but over time i think it torched my stock coils a little. I got the Delta 2 with RBA and im on my second Ti build (first one was a fail) in Ti mode at 250c and its working properly. For how long is the question. 250c @ 60w and 0.30ohm. I build with 24g Ti wire 6 wraps and organic cotton.

I found this helpful also: How to wrap Ti coils for vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by addappt View Post
    I had a similar experience to you. Not the dropping out of Ti mode though. Just a flavorless cold vape. Tried Ti in Ni mode and had a great result but over time i think it torched my stock coils a little. I got the Delta 2 with RBA and im on my second Ti build (first one was a fail) in Ti mode at 250c and its working properly. For how long is the question. 250c @ 60w and 0.30ohm. I build with 24g Ti wire 6 wraps and organic cotton.

I found this helpful also: How to wrap Ti coils for vaping
    Good link, thanks for that.

I make my coil a little higher and pretty similar in design to in that link. My thought is that it will have a larger contact area.

Also had some issues with the tank I have, but working that out. I increased the size of the ports again a few days ago and I might even go for a bit more soon.

AVF Regular
    Another couple of things that may help for Ti and ni200 builds are spaced coils and wrapping under the screw heads rather than through the holes in the deck. Both seem to just work better for temp control.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast