Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: good rda/rba for beginners....

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

good rda/rba for beginners....

hi im just looking for recommendations for good quality (genuine) rba/rda for beginners? also where to get them from?

AVF Regular
    What sort of vape are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    A good RBA for beginners would be the Subtank Mini
    it's really easy to build on so it's a nice start

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolous View Post
    A good RBA for beginners would be the Subtank Mini
    it's really easy to build on so it's a nice start
    Absolutely concur, since its introduction I have had several new users start on them.

The absolute biggest barrier to new users is an early negative experience using vaping devices. I now straight up now advise on a small regulated mod like the ileaf 50w and mini tank combo. I will advise them to get at least 10 coils, I will do a build for them on the rebuildable section just show them what its like even though it comes with a preinstalled coil. When they are confident, get them to build their own.

The next biggest barrier is the juice type, often new users get 0 nic stuff they can find with high PG content. I recommend starting 50/50 which cuts down on instances of PG sensitivity so I will donate some of my liquid to them to use.

It is quite unfortunate that some states became so myopic on the use of vaping devices to quit smoking, with robust regulation we could have had many stores producing quality nicotine juices better suited to new users instead we got criminalisation and money leaving the country contributing to the deficit, small but still another import we could have harnessed and generated additional revenue in a much safer way than collecting on tobacco. QLD govt being the superstar retards in this instance.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    If you're gonna start playing with an rda and have no experience I suggest find one that has a four post design, just makes building easier...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanDOTJ View Post
    If you're gonna start playing with an rda and have no experience I suggest find one that has a four post design, just makes building easier...
    i think a 2 post would be easier in terms of centering coils etc. I'm thinking the Petri or the Velocity. No need to worry about centering coils etc

AVF Regular
    I always thought coil building bit was easy getting the wicking right is the hard part. I cut my teeth on Russian FastTech clones but I was happy with tight draw. What type of draw are you after Saffron?

Big difference between RDA/ and tank RBA's too.

RDA's usually have more room to build but the usual migration path to RDA's is after RTA's.

Goblin and Goliath are cheap authentic RBA's and you can get them at pretty much any Aussie vendor.

Not an RDA fan so someone else could help you there.

Happy shopping

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks 1961-94

AVF Regular
    Kayfun Lite v2. Don't bother looking at subohm clearos with rebuilding capability unless you prefer clouds to flavour.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Motmo View Post
    I always thought coil building bit was easy getting the wicking right is the hard part. I cut my teeth on Russian FastTech clones but I was happy with tight draw. What type of draw are you after Saffron?
    So much advice - so confusing!

What kind of draw - i guess just a good throat hit I dont like it too airy.....

AVF Regular
    If your willing to part with $50 bucks the expromizer at HOV is pretty much a Kayfun/ Russian 91%.
    It is a easier build and a good starting place. An ohm meter is also recommended for first time builders to prevent short circuiting your device even if it has protection against it.

They have a moderate to tight draw (adjustable) good for recent vaping converts from smokes my opinion only. The juice will determine throat hit in the most part ie. nic and PG will add to the throat hit.

Ask as many questions as you need mate you will always get an answer from some one.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks 1961-94

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast