AVF Regular

Genesis build with NI/Ti oxidised ss mesh

I am giving a shot with genesis again. Just wondering have anyone tried using TC with ss mesh? Do you just pulse them as you would do with kanthal ? Also i saw on some forum said oxidised ss mesh can create some toxic chemical ? Is that true ? I also saw some one wick the mesh without oxidised it just keep pulsing the coil with the wick installed. Which method is better ?

Any information and advice is appreciated .

Cheers

AVF Regular
    I use Ni200 on Genisis atties, my favourite atm is the Nahualon. I find it easier than kanthal.

But I use old seasoned wicks cut as a cap for SS rope.

Personally I would torch the mesh first if it was new mesh and not do any pulsing when using Ni 200 to avoid nickel oxides forming in case of overheating.

But whatever suits you, give it a shot. In all the genisis builds with Ni 200 on the different atties I have tried I have not had problems at all.

I was quite surprised at first even though I have been at it with Kanthal for a few years.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Try sleaving your SS wick with 3mm hollow eco-wool
    6 to 12 wraps should get you to between .1 to .2 ohms

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian R View Post
    I use Ni200 on Genisis atties, my favourite atm is the Nahualon. I find it easier than kanthal.

But I use old seasoned wicks cut as a cap for SS rope.

Personally I would torch the mesh first if it was new mesh and not do any pulsing when using Ni 200 to avoid nickel oxides forming in case of overheating.

But whatever suits you, give it a shot. In all the genisis builds with Ni 200 on the different atties I have tried I have not had problems at all.

I was quite surprised at first even though I have been at it with Kanthal for a few years.
    Hey can you please upload a pictures of your build ? So you dont pulse the ni200 when the wick is installed to get rid of all the hot spots like you would with kanthal ? Or is Nickel doesn't give any hot spots on mesh ?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Try sleaving your SS wick with 3mm hollow eco-wool
    6 to 12 wraps should get you to between .1 to .2 ohms
    I am thinking to try mesh on mesh method on the nextgen clone with ti. but thanks anw

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    Hey can you please upload a pictures of your build ? So you dont pulse the ni200 when the wick is installed to get rid of all the hot spots like you would with kanthal ? Or is Nickel doesn't give any hot spots on mesh ?
    I can't do pics, but I haven't had any hot spots so far in many months. It could maybe because that Ni has a very low resistance and is the best path for the current to flow, but like I said, I use well seasoned wicks (old used ones).

I would personally torch the new mesh a little, wrap the coil and then put on some liquid to test for hot spots and do it that way.

But really, do what you feel best. Just trying to offer some helpful advice. I haven't used Ti, so dunno on that one.