Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Recommended Temp Settings

AVF Regular

Recommended Temp Settings

Hi,

Im a vaping newbie day 2 off the smokes

Anyhow im running a joyetech evic-vt 60w mod + kanga subtank mini.

I switched the coils out today and put a kanga NI-200 coil so i could take advantage of the TC mode. I know it's personal preference but just wanted to see what you guys recommend for both wattage and temperature settings.

Looking forward to your replys.. Im loving this vaping btw Only 2 days off the analogues but no cravings at all i guess im consuming shit load of nicotine though.

Cheers
    Black Betty likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm running a max VG, 0.15 in the RBA, 230c @ 45w.. works for me

AVF Regular
    Wish I could help but I'm also playing with a TC mod.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Max VG is there are any reason why?

I got 50/50 mixes as i figured that was safest initially. If im running the above setup would a higher VG juice be better?

Sorry for all the dumb questions
    Black Betty likes this.

AVF Regular
    Also it seems that using TC essentially uses upto half as much ejuice as opposed to normal VW only. If that is infact the case would this also mean my nicotine consumption will now drop in half unless i vape twice as much?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlo View Post
    Hi,

Im a vaping newbie day 2 off the smokes

Anyhow im running a joyetech evic-vt 60w mod + kanga subtank mini.

I switched the coils out today and put a kanga NI-200 coil so i could take advantage of the TC mode. I know it's personal preference but just wanted to see what you guys recommend for both wattage and temperature settings.

Looking forward to your replys.. Im loving this vaping btw Only 2 days off the analogues but no cravings at all i guess im consuming shit load of nicotine though.

Cheers
    As the device controls temp you can leave the watts at 60, it will heat quicker to temp and then back off once reached. I never take mine of 60. I usually run temp between 240 and 260 C. In case it drops out to power mode set the power mode to about 30w. If it drops out you then get 60w which might not be pleasing.

On another note, there have been concerns raised with ni, I think ti is a better option.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Max VG is there are any reason why?

I got 50/50 mixes as i figured that was safest initially. If im running the above setup would a higher VG juice be better?

Sorry for all the dumb questions
    50/50 is fine. PG carries flavour, VG creates the cloud. A lot will up the VG over time, I generally use 65 VG and 35 PG

Also it seems that using TC essentially uses upto half as much ejuice as opposed to normal VW only. If that is infact the case would this also mean my nicotine consumption will now drop in half unless i vape twice as much?
    Less juice, less nicotine.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    As the device controls temp you can leave the watts at 60, it will heat quicker to temp and then back off once reached. I never take mine of 60. I usually run temp between 240 and 260 C. In case it drops out to power mode set the power mode to about 30w. If it drops out you then get 60w which might not be pleasing.

On another note, there have been concerns raised with ni, I think ti is a better option.
    Cool didnt realise i could just leave the max wattage makes sense. I was concerned as the coils are rated to 45w only
    Last edited by pavlo; 02-09-15 at 11:03 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    50/50 is fine. PG carries flavour, VG creates the cloud. A lot will up the VG over time, I generally use 65 VG and 35 PG

Less juice, less nicotine.
    Thanks, so is it in fact correct that TC mode will use far less juice that normal VW mode?

AVF Regular
    Cool didnt realise i could just leave the max wattage makes sense. I was concerned as the coils are rated to 45w only
    It will run the max 60w for less than a second, just long enough to reach temp. If you watch the screen in a mirror you will see what I mean. If you have the watts set lower, it will take longer to reach temp.
    pavlo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast