Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Stabs
  • 1 Post By Cams

Thread: SMOK Xcube 2, thoughts?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

SMOK Xcube 2, thoughts?

Hi people,

I friend has recommended the new SMOK Xcube 2 mod. I had a look on the SMOK site and it looks pretty fancy.

Just thought I would ask what people thought of it.

I keep seeing the TFV4 tank with it (but heard that the tank chews through the fluid and battery).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

SMOK X Cube II mod & Uwell Crown tank running at 210F on 0.5Ohm....and loving it

AVF Regular
    Well yes its pretty fancy, unorthodox firing mechanism. Has some interesting features, reasonably priced. I am not sure the lights and what not are my thing. I get the feeling a lot of people are waiting to see what DNA 200 in the flesh is going to be like in mainstream mods, with a lot shipping this month.

TFV4 will certainly blow a lot of cloud if thats your thing, I don't think its very practicable for most people. Could be a coil tinkerers delight on the dual coil rebuildable section, plenty of options for all sorts of builds. Its 24.5mm diameter might put a few people off depending on the size of their device.

Both seem to be a little niched for mine as daily reliables.
    Dark likes this.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

Thank Stabs. I am tending to agree. While a lot of the features are a 'nice to have', the fact that it will chew...or slurp... through the liquid and battery might just be what is putting me off from throwing money at the screen.

I currently use a Innokin Cool fire 4, which is fnie, but looking for the next step as I find I am having to suck quite a bit (big lung inhale..lol) to get the sensation I want. Not sure if its the voltage or wattage setting I am using or what.
    Currently running it at 0.5Ohm, 4.6V & 25W on a Kangertech Subtank Mini. I am still a bit unsure of where to go from here

SMOK X Cube II mod & Uwell Crown tank running at 210F on 0.5Ohm....and loving it

AVF Regular
    I like my 2 TFV4's. I don't use the triple and quad coils instead opting for the single RBA, bit tricky to get the wick right but so far quite happy with them. Running it with a more modest 0.32 ti build.
    Stabs likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmortal View Post
    Thank Stabs. I am tending to agree. While a lot of the features are a 'nice to have', the fact that it will chew...or slurp... through the liquid and battery might just be what is putting me off from throwing money at the screen.

I currently use a Innokin Cool fire 4, which is fnie, but looking for the next step as I find I am having to suck quite a bit (big lung inhale..lol) to get the sensation I want. Not sure if its the voltage or wattage setting I am using or what.
    Currently running it at 0.5Ohm, 4.6V & 25W on a Kangertech Subtank Mini. I am still a bit unsure of where to go from here
    You might want to try something like the Uwell Crown, it has better airflow than the mini, it does tolerate higher wattages at given ohms in my experience. The rebuildable section is sold separately however. Youde Zephyrus, Billows v2 there are a swag out there. Are you using the RBA section of the Kanga? I like closer to one ohm builds without using a TC device I have more control over ramp up time and I get a lot of surface area when using 24-26 awg kanth.

Certainly the TFV4 has a lot of tinkering factor with two deck options, and it physically larger. Considering the low price, people who avidly chase the vape will try a new tank out and if its good keep it, if not pass it on in the for sales section once they have a collection no longer used.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

From my hands on with the xcube, the firing bar is kinda dodgy.
    The whole thing moves left and right and almost feels like it could snap off easily.
    It is also a really big unit, and not very comfortable to hold.

I gotta admit though, the screen display is really nice, and i kinda like the light up feature.
    It almost glows at the same rate your coils would as you fire it.

AVF Regular
    SS temp control seems alot better with the 1.92 firmware, but I still get a dry hit on the odd occasion.
    I have my light bar set to blue, that's it. I've never had an issue with the firing bar sticking, or the battery door moving.
    The only issues that the X cube II has with me, is connecting bluetooth with my S5, and all the hoops you have to go through to turn the bloody thing off.

It's definitely doing better than when I first got it. Hopefully, with a few more firmware updates, my issues with it will be solved.
    δΣx

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmortal View Post

Sounds like your Lungs are starting to clean out and your Health is improving.... Try lowering resistance to a 0.3 ohm coil