• 1 Post By Bushy
  • 1 Post By Malikada
  • 2 Post By Smash
  • 1 Post By Malikada
  • 1 Post By IvanDOTJ

Thread: First Vertical Coil Build

AVF Regular

First Vertical Coil Build

Using the Delta 2 deck. 3mm screw (outer thread dia). 24g titanium. Used UD Koh Gen Do for flatness to wrap well.

Came in at 0.36 ohms.

Tighter draw and can't suck to hard our I get some spitting but holy shit the plumes are real. Really warm Vape too at 250c in Ti mode on the EVIC VT.

The hookup

The wick:

AVF Regular
    I like it. I might try that on the tfv4 rba.
    addappt likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nice build, does the wicking keep up with the monster coil?
    addappt likes this.

AVF Regular
    A cartomizer!

I suppose it's only natural for coils to go full circle...

Be interesting g to see if the top gets too dry. And how tc chips deal with one end of the coil being hotter than the other.
    Tara and addappt like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikada View Post
    Nice build, does the wicking keep up with the monster coil?
    After some time the issue is spitting. I think the wick is drowning or something. That would mean I need to use less cotton right?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    A cartomizer!

I suppose it's only natural for coils to go full circle...

Be interesting g to see if the top gets too dry. And how tc chips deal with one end of the coil being hotter than the other.
    The top is actually covered all the way up the side. Just looks like it not from the pic.

The vapour is almost too dense. It's the first time I've almost coughed while vaping. Even compared to the TFV4.

AVF Regular
    Spitting is pretty common, you can use a drip tip that has a barrier on the bottom of it but you will lose some flavour, maybe give the wick a bit of time sort itself out and see if it resolves itself. If not then I think more cotton might actually be the answer, will make it more dense so the juice can't flow in as easily. Finally (actually should be firstly) try turning the temp limit down?
    I dont think TC actually measures temperature of the coil, it looks at base resistance and measures increasing resistance as the coil heats up and uses a temperature coefficient to work out if you have hit the temp limit. So individual hotspots would affect the entire coil resistance which would in turn affect the entire coil 'temperature'.
    addappt likes this.

AVF Regular
    Have you seen rip trippers wicking technique on the vertical coil for the delta? I tried it before and never got any spitting...
    addappt likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikada View Post
    Spitting is pretty common, you can use a drip tip that has a barrier on the bottom of it but you will lose some flavour, maybe give the wick a bit of time sort itself out and see if it resolves itself. If not then I think more cotton might actually be the answer, will make it more dense so the juice can't flow in as easily. Finally (actually should be firstly) try turning the temp limit down?
    I dont think TC actually measures temperature of the coil, it looks at base resistance and measures increasing resistance as the coil heats up and uses a temperature coefficient to work out if you have hit the temp limit. So individual hotspots would affect the entire coil resistance which would in turn affect the entire coil 'temperature'.
    Yeah I'll keep messing with the build till I get it sorted. Ive tried temp up and down as well as different liquids. It's worse with heavy VG Altman with 50/50 blends. I've actually noticed my Delta 2 LVC coils spitting too.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanDOTJ View Post
    Have you seen rip trippers wicking technique on the vertical coil for the delta? I tried it before and never got any spitting...

I watched the rip trippers one today actually lol. I kind of did his wicking method but had more cotton in there.