Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cams
  • 1 Post By defekt

Thread: Joyetech VT Evic

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Joyetech VT Evic

Hi all, Just trying to find some other users settings on what temp and wattage they use on Ti coils.
    I find some good settings up at 60w with low temp 330-380F but also at hi temps 400-440F on lower wattage 45w-50w.

Am i over powering my coil? Sorry very new to this!

AVF Regular
    It's basically what ever works for you mate. I wouldn't say you overpowering the coils at all as long as you not getting burnt hits it's all good.

I for example run my subtank mini rba with a .27 Ti coil @ 45w & 120C. It might seem low but it works for me and gives me battery life for days.

AVF Regular
    And then there are people like me who leave it set to 60w in TC mode and run a temp around 240C and the battery lasts maybe 1.5 days. Running a TFV4 RBA with 0.28 ti build.
    addappt likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Awesome, thanks guys.

I thought so but hearing that crackling sound on higher settings got me worried as my unflavored juice started to produce a bit of flavor but not a burnt taste. Also I noticed after turning up the settings at one stage it was set to Ni not Ti. I thought this mod would auto switch depending on the resistance of the coil.

Will keep experimenting.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by defekt View Post
    Also I noticed after turning up the settings at one stage it was set to Ni not Ti. I thought this mod would auto switch depending on the resistance of the coil.

Will keep experimenting.
    Nah it doesn't detect the difference for Ni or Ti. It will for kanthal mostly but has been know to drop back into wattage mode if the connection on the coil is poor.

AVF Regular
    Running ti in ni will over power it, need to run about 100C less. Also I found that when using a new coil the Evic hits it hard and takes a bit to settle down, best to start a new coil lower till it settles.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by defekt View Post
    Hi all, Just trying to find some other users settings on what temp and wattage they use on Ti coils.
    I find some good settings up at 60w with low temp 330-380F but also at hi temps 400-440F on lower wattage 45w-50w.

Am i over powering my coil? Sorry very new to this!
    On single coil Ti builds I'm running it at 60w and 270-280c and the flavour is much better. Usually around 0.30ohm coils.

Thanks again guys think I got it now. I'm loving 240c/40w/air flow set to max via tank opening. Can't tell the difference between the ecig and the manual.
    disley likes this.