Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By strop69
  • 3 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By Hoofprint
  • 1 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Aspire CF Mod 18650 with Nautilus mini?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Aspire CF Mod 18650 with Nautilus mini?

Hi all,

New vaper here and not too cluey with electrical stuff. I just bought an Aspire premium Starter kit kit from https://houseofvape.com.au/vape/star...m-starter-kit/ and I'm stoked with it but it could use a bit more battery life. It tends to die on me about an hour before I finish work, and then a 2-3hr charge time once I get home before I can vape again which is a bit inconvenient if I want to stay off the stinkies.

I was thinking about just buying a second kit so I have a spare tank as well which I could put a different juice in, and it also comes with 5 spare coils included, but then I came across the CF Mod that takes 18650 batteries. I have a few spare 18650's (2400mAh and 5800mAh) and a charger etc so it sounded like a better way to go. However, at Aspire CF Mod - VapingMad they say it suits 22mm tanks and the Nautilus mini is 17.4mm. Is that just an aesthetic issue and it'll work fine anyway?

Another possible issue is the CF Mod isn't variable voltage and puts out 4.2V. The standard VV battery goes right up to 4.8V but I've been running it at 4.3V with the juice I have at the moment. Does anyone see any problems for me there?

Thanks!

AVF Regular
    One potential problem may be an 18650 battery that has 5800 mah. What brand is it. Im sure someone more techical than me will chip in. The thing is that most batteries that are suitable for vaping generally dont have that high a mah rating. Generally the higher the mah the lower the amps. I would talk to the lads at vaping mad about buying a suitable battery. If you dont use a suitable one you could end up with an exploding battery. Not nice.
    Apart from that the nautilus will just look a bit small but should work appropriately.

Thanks nicoandlaughter!
    Looking around, I'm finding that whether I buy the CF Mod or something like these 1600mAh VV batteries and then add another tank and a pack of 5 coils I'm spending more than just buying a second kit anyway. I think I might just go that way and then maybe grab a couple of those 1600mAh jobs down the track if I'm still having battery issues.

Cheers!
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

Super Moderator
    Is that 5800mAh battery made by Trustfire by any chance?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Is that 5800mAh battery made by Trustfire by any chance?
    UltraFite/UltraFire! (Probably the same Chinese things branded under a dozen different names. Lol.) I buy them from UltroFite Rechargeable 3.7V 18650 Li-ion "5800mAh" Battery - Red - Free Shipping - DealExtreme for a little 900 lumen Torch I got from the same place for around $10. It fits in my pocket and lights up the night like day. Awesome for the money. Similar stuff goes for $70-100 here. I work night shift and a battery tends to last me a couple of weeks in between charges.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by strop69 View Post
    UltraFite/UltraFire! (Probably the same Chinese things branded under a dozen different names. Lol.) I buy them from UltroFite Rechargeable 3.7V 18650 Li-ion "5800mAh" Battery - Red - Free Shipping - DealExtreme for a little 900 lumen Torch I got from the same place for around $10. I fits in my pocket and lights up the night like day. Awesome for the money. Similar stuff goes for $70-100 here.
    Best 18650 on the market at the moment is around 3200mAh, TrustFire (actually anything with Fire in its name) are 3rd grade batteries. Don't put any serious load on them ...
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    If you want good quality batteries and your not going to super subohm cant got wrong with samsung 30q's
    30q info
    you can get them local from SS on ebay.
    I love them
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 28-09-15 at 07:46 PM.
    strop69 likes this.

Super Moderator
    If you like the Aspire CF mod, just buy another kit to enable you to get through the day. It enables you to have one on the go while the other is charging. A mod with a replaceable battery can come later if that's what you desire.
    strop69 likes this.

AVF Regular
    My personal suggestion:

Tesla Two Sub Mod - 4000mAh Box Mod | VapourEyes

It's lighter, 4000mah, USB charging and relatively pocket friendly for a box bod. Probably get 1.5-2 days out of it at the very least, although the vape will get weaker as the batteries drain. No need to worry about what batteries you use either as they are built in. Just throw the tank on and you are good to go.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JV321 View Post
    My personal suggestion:

Tesla Two Sub Mod - 4000mAh Box Mod | VapourEyes

It's lighter, 4000mah, USB charging and relatively pocket friendly for a box bod. Probably get 1.5-2 days out of it at the very least, although the vape will get weaker as the batteries drain. No need to worry about what batteries you use either as they are built in. Just throw the tank on and you are good to go.
    That looks pretty good.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk