Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Uwell Crown - Dry Hits

AVF Regular

Uwell Crown - Dry Hits

Hi,

I have been using the Uwell Crown for 2 weeks now and I think itís a great tank however Iím starting to get dry/burnt hits. I have had the problem on both the 0.5ohm coils and the ni200 TC coils. Iím using an IPV D2 at either 50w or 45joules. The issue generally occurs after 1-2 days of use (a couple of full tanks) which is strange as the coil should be primed correctly by this stage I would imagine.

I did search for similar posts and have come across some saying that poking the coil with a pin a few times seems to fix the issue a bit?

Keen to hear from other Crown users, have you come across the issue? Is there any verified fixes for it?

Cheers
    wyldhoneychyld likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hello! With the stock coils i dont get burnt hits unless over 60 watts and chain vaping. I think the key here is to break in the coils correctly and prime them 100% before use.
    Followed this guy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mv0rkT24zI
    I've gone through like 15 tanks and still going good on my first coil though its my at home device.

Edit: with rba i can only go to around 30-40 watts
    wyldhoneychyld likes this.

AVF Regular
    I’ll try that process when I change next coil. I just poked some holes in the current ni200 coil and seems to have fixed my problem. The top of the coil is really built up with black gunk though only about 4 days old. Not sure if that’s normal or it’s the juices I have been vaping (fruit loop flavours & mothers milk)?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I found my .15 nickel coils only lasted a couple days but the .25 ss coils have lasted over a week and thats chain vaping at 50j @ 280 degrees celsius

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    I found my .15 nickel coils only lasted a couple days but the .25 ss coils have lasted over a week and thats chain vaping at 50j @ 280 degrees celsius
    Are the .25 coils TC?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

They are the .25 ss that come with the tank

I don't have a Uwell Crown (yet)... But I have noticed sort of changes in the way I vape sometimes as I continue... Like I have a sense hydra, which I love, but I ran out of coils for it and the one that was in it was burnt tasting, so it sat on the shelf for a week while I was using the Smok TFV4. When I went back to the hydra I killed a new coil in a day sucking too hard on it with the watts too high... So I noticed that I had started to pull harder on the vape...New coil, and a more gentle inhale and I was back to loving it.

So if you're like me, its possible you've evolved a more enthusiastic inhale (it would be nice to think due to an increased lung function )

So I reckon, that for me, certain tanks I gotta be mindful of how i'm inhaling, and to vape to the capabilities of the tank/wattage im running at.
    pavlo and wyldhoneychyld like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    They are the .25 ss that come with the tank
    Yep got ya but i didn't think they were suited to temp control or am i wrong?

AVF Regular
    Btw i got a pin today and poked holes in the wicking holes and also down vertically into the coil 4 times. Same coil giving me dry hits all morning, went out for drinks tonight have vaped over 8ml of high vg through the tank at 45 joules and 250deg and not a single burnt/dry hit since. Seems the holes have really helped the coil shine!

Brave and wyldhoneychyld like this.

So glad i read this i had the same burnt stuff on my 0.5 ohm coil for my Subox mini. One thing to add to my vape kit is a pin for sure 👍✌

Samsung Galaxy S5
    pavlo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast