Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Hellfish
  • 2 Post By pavlo

Thread: Dual Battery question

AVF Regular

Dual Battery question

Hi

I have 5 18650 battery's now 3 green Samsungs 2 blue. I use them in two mods

Ipv d2
    Smok cube 2

I have been charging them on a seperate charger but just use any of them in the smok cube. No pairing etc.

Is this ok or am i doing it all wrong?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Pairing batteries ( esp from new) allows them to bed in together and lessens the likelihood of one battery having a markedly different internal resistance from the other ( due to abuse), and thus having one battery discharge more readily than the other , further degrading it . It also depends on if the batteries are serial-ed or parallel-ed in the mod as to whether you have one battery "pushing" the other or being "pulled"... That said as long as the make/model/capacity/discharge of each battery is the same as its mate then you are in a FAR better place than if you mix and match battery types! Never pair batteries with dissimilar specs !

If you want to get the best out of your batteries , then its probably better to have dedicated pairs for each situation and if you want to be really anal about it , you would probably also cycle their position in the mod too ... if parallel swap em occasionally from left and right sides in case there is a voltage drop somehow that puts more strain on one battery over the other , and the same in serial ... alternate the upper and lower positions in the "stack"

Do you have to ? No ... should you ... Maybe?... It wont hurt

But different brands, types n specs .. NEVER!
    Robray and bk_renesis like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Thanks for that. There all still fairly new around 2 weeks or so. I'll pair some for the smok cube now.

As far as i can tell the green and blue Samsungs are all 25r, 2500ma 20A, seem exactly the same?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    I remember reading somewhere that the new blue ones have a very slightly different chemistry for better life?
    I cant really confirm tho ... others are treating them as if they are exactly the same , but if I were to give you advice on the err in caution side I would team the colours too LOL
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Blue sammys are the older ones, the new ones are the green. I personally would not mix the blue and green in a mod, better to be safe than sorry. From my understanding they have a different internal resistance.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    Blue sammys are the older ones, the new ones are the green. I personally would not mix the blue and green in a mod, better to be safe than sorry. From my understanding they have a different internal resistance.
    And a different EOL. One is good for 200 charge cycles. The other 250. So they will wear unevenly

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys i have now labeled 2 pair's which ill keep in my smok cube 2 only and keep a few randoms for the single 18650 mod.

Cheers
    Fatman and Hellfish like this.

AVF Regular
    Think one is 25r2 and other if 25r5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk