Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Best starter device right now...

AVF Regular

Best starter device right now...

So I have been vaping for awhile and have progressed to rda's and more complex devices. I have some friends who have seen how easy it has been for me to make the switch to vaping and are interested. I want to jump on this opportunity to help them out while the iron is hot.

What I'd like to know is what would be the best all in one/ kit to get them onto at the moment. It's a husband and wife so that's a consideration. I know I wish I had someone to give me the info before I wasted money on some pretty poor devices.

Devices I've considered so far:

Ego one TC kit

Egrip OLED

EVIC VT kit (I think it might be too bulky though)

Can you guys help me add to this please. I think it's important to be reliable and simple as well as having that more smoke like hit to begin with at least.
    Last edited by addappt; 08-10-15 at 11:29 PM.

AVF Regular
    In my opinion the egrip is an awesome beginner setup. Built in tank, easy/basic controls and nice and small for stealth vaping and pocketing. They work really well too and provide a pretty good vape even for an experience vaper. Down side is that stupid door for filling... Urrr... Never bothered with it personally just take the bottom out and fill it's just easier. You can also use aspire bcd coils in them with changing the firing pin. Gave mine to a mate to get him off the cigs and he hasn't looked back.. He loves it.
    addappt likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ego one/ ego one mini should work, it's got descent flavour and easy to use and most of all cheap, just in case they don't like it...
    addappt likes this.

AVF Regular
    The problem is with mods with built in batteries is you need two of the mods so you can vape while one is charging so I would suggest an Egrip Oled & an Ego one for each person. The cost is around $100 for both so is quite reasonable & they both use the same coils. You do have to use a provided silicone cap to use the ego coil in the Egrip. The Egrip is a great vape & I've heard the Ego ones work really well too.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have a mate that started with an EVOD starter kit - contains X 2 of everything in one box and he's pretty happy. I was actually impressed with the Vapor production as I thought it would be less. It's pretty good and provides a cheaper option again - I think you can pick it up for under $50. He's been using his for 4 weeks and not even had to change a coil. Batteries last about a day and a half. The advantages of this is you get redundancy and spares right out of the box. You also have the option of buying different clearomizers if you want to.

If they want to spend just a bit more and jump up a fair way in quality and options but still keeping it simple my go to recommendation is the Coolfire IV paired with an Aspire Nautilus Mini.
    Last edited by The_Rooster; 09-10-15 at 09:49 AM.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    I forgot to follow my own thread haha. Thanks for your replies so far.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have an EVOD battery sitting in the cupboard. The EMOW tank on it has horrible airflow though. I guess I could just grab an Nautilus tank for it and give it to them to try out.

I know these guys aren't likely to get into it as a hobby but just a means to an end.

I thought the egrip lasts almost 2 days with the 1.0+ coils? That's part of the reason I suggested it. I can't see them using battery chargers and swapping batteries through the day. More likely if it ran out of battery it would get put down and they would buy smokes. As long as it would last an average smoker a full day I think it would see them through.

AVF Regular
    One thing I keep harping on about is that the devices has to appeal to them individually. The colour, the shape, how it feels in their hand and fits in their lifestyle. Until you can narrow it down anything you pick will be......just that... Your pick. Also if trying to buy for a couple their needs and likes can be quite different.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 10-10-15 at 04:38 PM.
    Fatman, addappt and The_Rooster like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    One thing I keep harping on about is that the devices has to appeal to them individually. The colour, the shape, how it feels in their hand and fits in their lifestyle. Until you can narrow it down anything you pick will be......just that... Your pick. Also if trying to buy for a couple there needs and likes can be quite different.
    Yeah this is the part that I'm struggling with. To solve it my idea was to collate a list of good options and sit down with them and run through the positives and negatives and let them pick from there. That way at least I know they are all good options from a performance stand point

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by addappt View Post
    Yeah this is the part that I'm struggling with. To solve it my idea was to collate a list of good options and sit down with them and run through the positives and negatives and let them pick from there. That way at least I know they are all good options from a performance stand point
    I do it in two sittings. Show them a range of shapes and sizes and get their instant like or dislike then go looking for the best option. The initial look should only be a handful. Even better if you have a range yourself to show them.
    gtadmin, addappt and The_Rooster like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast