AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Flying with vapers/cleaning kanga subox mini

Hey

Was wondering if anyone has any tips when carrying vapers/ecigs on plane trips, I do fly in fly out work so fly a fair bit.
    Anyways just came back and both my e cig and kanga seem to have leaked a fair amount whilst on the plane (kanga leaked about 1/3 of what was in there.

Does anyone else find this happens with them?

Also for like changing flavours etc in the kanga I just emptied remainder of the juice I didn't want and washed the tank and tip under hot/warm water (just dabbed the coil part with tissue). Is there a way you are supposed to clean them or is it ok to just do it with water?

Any tips would be appreciated

Thanks

AVF Regular

"Was wondering if anyone has any tips when carrying vapers/ecigs on plane trips, I do fly in fly out work so fly a fair bit.
    Anyways just came back and both my e cig and kanga seem to have leaked a fair amount whilst on the plane (kanga leaked about 1/3 of what was in there"

Yes, the cabin pressure will force the juice out, once on the plane remove the tank from the battery and keep your tank upside down with the air flow open fully.

"Also for like changing flavours etc in the kanga I just emptied remainder of the juice I didn't want and washed the tank and tip under hot/warm water (just dabbed the coil part with tissue). Is there a way you are supposed to clean them or is it ok to just do it with water?"

You can pull down your tank and rinse all the parts with hot water MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE COIL FIRST if you going to put it straight back in , clean and dry all parts with paper towel and allow to air dry.

I generally do this once the coil needs to be replaced, nice clean Tank, nice new coil and a nice new flavor. Don't throw you spent coil away, just give it a good rinse and put it aside, once you have stockpiled half a doz coils you can clean them and reuse the at a later date ... that's if you can be bothered

One way of cleaning your coils
    Last edited by Rustdust; 16-10-15 at 04:13 PM.
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustdust View Post

"Was wondering if anyone has any tips when carrying vapers/ecigs on plane trips, I do fly in fly out work so fly a fair bit.
    Anyways just came back and both my e cig and kanga seem to have leaked a fair amount whilst on the plane (kanga leaked about 1/3 of what was in there"

Yes, the cabin pressure will force the juice out, once on the plane remove the tank from the battery and keep your tank upside down with the air flow open fully.

"Also for like changing flavours etc in the kanga I just emptied remainder of the juice I didn't want and washed the tank and tip under hot/warm water (just dabbed the coil part with tissue). Is there a way you are supposed to clean them or is it ok to just do it with water?"

You can pull down your tank and rinse all the parts with hot water MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE COIL FIRST if you going to put it straight back in , clean and dry all parts with paper towel and allow to air dry.

I generally do this once the coil needs to be replaced, nice clean Tank, nice new coil and a nice new flavor. Don't throw you spent coil away, just give it a good rinse and put it aside, once you have stockpiled half a doz coils you can clean them and reuse the at a later date ... that's if you can be bothered

One way of cleaning your coils
    Thanks for that rust!
    Last edited by djf23; 16-10-15 at 08:15 PM.