Thread: RDA For Beginer

AVF Regular

RDA For Beginer

Hey there beautiful people, I'm keen to give a Dripping a go. So I am wondering what you guys would recommend for a first RDA, I'm looking for something I can learn to build on and still get the vape experience that you get from dripping, I hear that dripping makes for a fine vape I'm only window shopping right now but I thought I would see what you guy think.

Also what wire is best for a beginner, I mostly vape on 0.5 coils but I do toggle between 0.5 and 1.0 ohm, I was thinking 25 gauge kanthal and that should put me at about 0.7 ohms right ? .... coz I would like my face to stay right where it is
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular

RDA For Beginer

If your gonna start building my first recommendation would be a good ohm reader and then watch a few YouTube Vids on the safety aspects while building. As for a RDA you probably want something that will last a while and be easy to use, I really love the hellboy from el Diablo as it has amazing flavour and with the centerblock post it makes it easy to build on. Have a look around though and see what others recommend too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

AVF Regular
    Yeah it sounds like you need to do a bit of research. Im not quite sure how you came to the understanding that using 25 gauge
    will give you 0.7ohms. I would recommend starting with 28 gauge or something.....or at least get a few different gauges to try.

As shooter03 pointed out, a good ohm reader is important. This is also a good resource when you first start.....
    Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

With regard to RDA suggestions, well there are so many worthy contenders out there now and everyone will have a different
    opinion. Would you be more after flavour or clouds?

AVF Regular
    I suggest getting a 4 post dripper coz it's easier to build on. There's heaps out there...

And for wires, start of with 26 and 28...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter03 View Post
    If your gonna start building my first recommendation would be a good ohm reader and then watch a few YouTube Vids on the safety aspects while building. As for a RDA you probably want something that will last a while and be easy to use, I really love the hellboy from el Diablo as it has amazing flavour and with the centerblock post it makes it easy to build on. Have a look around though and see what others recommend too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will get an ohm reader for sure, Is there anyone who stocks the Hellboy locally ?

@ Tara,
    I was looking at a kanthal wire chart, that's how came to the understanding that using 25 gauge
    will give you 0.7ohms. Thanks for the link, I had not seen that before.

@ IvanDOTJ

Yes there are a lot to choose from, some are pricey and some seem relatively cheap.
    Last edited by Rustdust; 19-10-15 at 03:40 PM.
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular
    If you don't mind paying a bit, I'd suggest getting the haze mini! It's a 4 post dripper and has a good combination of clouds and flavour,,, and I've also tried the clone version and it isn't bad at all...

AVF Regular
    i think a 2 post like the Petri or the Velocity. Easiest deck I've ever worked with. No need to worry about centering coils cos they're already in the middle

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolous View Post
    i think a 2 post like the Petri or the Velocity. Easiest deck I've ever worked with. No need to worry about centering coils cos they're already in the middle
    Ive only heard good things about the Velocity but I'm putting my self on a budget at the moment because Im keen on a DNA200 that's out next month, I was thinking about trying the 13 HEAVENS 9 HELLS RDA by CompVape, anyone tried it ?

AVF Regular
    Velocity would probably be good, it's got a pretty simple 2 post design.

I picked up a wotofo four post troll and i'm not super happy with it, possibly it's a dud, already had one replaced.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustdust View Post
    Ive only heard good things about the Velocity but I'm putting my self on a budget at the moment because Im keen on a DNA200 that's out next month, I was thinking about trying the 13 HEAVENS 9 HELLS RDA by CompVape, anyone tried it ?
    That's exactly the same as the twisted messes, just a different sleeve.
    with the 4 post ones you have to worry about centering coils and might be too much for someone starting out. I like the 2 post designs because it's nice and simple to build on