Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Man I'm Pissed Off

AVF Regular

Man I'm Pissed Off

So now that I've got your attention, let me tell ya I am fucking pissed off...anyway 3 or 4 months ago I bought an istick 50 watt and I loved it. It was my best device.

When I first took to vaping I bought a pen device with a CE5 tank which initially got me off cigarettes. Not long after that I stepped it up to an Ego One kit which I used at work. Then I stepped it up to my istick 50 watt which was my main device outside of work.

Anyway a few weeks ago I was in the car having a leisurely vape when all of a sudden my istick decides to vape by itself (auto fire) I didn't think too much about it at the time but it happened a week or so later, again I didn't think too much about it but I was beginning to think WTF is going on?

So tonight I get home from work to a fully charged istick 50 watt. chuck a tank on it and it goes haywire, I struggled to turn it off, it's constantly auto firing even without an atty. I managed to turn it off after about 10 clicks of the button. After a quick bit of research it seems that this device is completely screwed and I'm really disappointed to say the least. Did I mention that I am pissed off?

Anyway I'm not confident with this device now and safety is an issue for me and I need to find a replacement device ASAP.

Can anyone recommend something that's proven reliable with good battery life and ohm versatility as I mostly like to vape around 0.5 Ohms. I am shopping around for a DNA 200 in the next month or so but I need to find a reliable 50+ Watt mod now to tie me over any suggestions?

Cheers

Rust.

PS. Did I mention how pissed off I am right now
    Last edited by Rustdust; 24-10-15 at 11:00 AM.
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular
    Just get an IPV D2 mate. I got 2, they've been my daily drivers since they've been released. The only con compared to istick 50 is the battery capacity. Get a few spare high drain batts and you are good to go! Oh and it's smaller then istick 50W too!

AVF Regular
    One just went up in the classies
    Fatman likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Yep some iStick50's had "issues" sorry to hear yours appears to be one of them
    IPV or any iStick OTHER than a 50 will treat you fine
    shaneo likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    First get some Diggers 125ml Isopropyl Cleaning Alcohol | Bunnings Warehouse and clean around the fire button and make sure its not just dried juice.

Oh you said it was an Istick 50w they're known to have issues... still get a bottle of Iso its good to have around.

My eVic 60w has been a great unit but its sealed so if it dies i can't just open it to check without voiding my warranty. The mini eVic is good i hear maybe somewhat small but then i bought a Koopor TC 60w mini its really small and heavy.

As Dark said the IPV D2 is a good one as well.

AVF Regular
    Dark's pretty spot on.
    I tend to shy away from Pioneer 4 you now, not cause of quality just some other thoughts.'
    The E-vic Mini I got recently is a pretty amazing device (upgradeable via USB and really nice build quality, goes to 75W now and TC)
    Sigelei 75W is also nice build (bit bigger and not able to flash upgrade) but more expensive.
    Te IPV's are well made and decent quality also.
    guess it depends on what's in stock, what you like the look of and how much you want to spend.
    If you got the cash then the SX mini's are the one's I would like
    Last edited by D1git; 23-10-15 at 08:22 PM. Reason: dodgy "H" key on my keyboard
    Fatman and Vapntime like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    I'm really mot sure what to do right now, I lost a Ego one about a month ago due to a failed USB ... it just stooped working, so that's 2 devices in a month. I just spent about $250 setting my self up for DIY juice so the funds are low at the moment. one thing I find strange is that if I sometimes just touch the fire button ... it fires, I'm not actually pressing it, just putting my finger on it although this morning it seems to be working fine ... confused to say the least.

I was waiting to get a DNA 200 Reuleaux but its not out for at least another month I think.

OK so I can set a budget of $260 right now ..

I think I would like to move to 18650 devices and stay away from USB charging so with that in mind I would need to buy batteries, charger and device ... I was going to buy my first RDA this week, I guess it will have to wait :-(

what to buy ....
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular
    I think I saw that Simon from ecigmodshop is having a bit of a clear out of sample test devices. Normally very good prices for almost brand new gear.

Post 5

October stock update
    Fatman likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I think I saw that Simon from ecigmodshop is having a bit of a clear out of sample test devices. Normally very good prices for almost brand new gear.

Post 5

October stock update
    I couldn't get there today unfortunately.

I think I will just wait for the Reuleaux

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustdust View Post
    I couldn't get there today unfortunately.

I think I will just wait for the Reuleaux
    He sells them here
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast