Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Evic VT warning for all +ohm users

AVF Regular

Evic VT warning for all +ohm users

Hey all

I have recently discovered that the evic vt (which I have 2 of) is not so good for +ohm set ups. The problem lies in its auto sense system that pulses 30w for just over a second when a new atty is installed. For some reason it decides to do this every time after coming out of sleep mode which I'm not sure it should be doing but on a 1.8 ohm coil it's not good. Basically it fires 7.5v which is prematurely burning out my coils.. Everytime I take a bit now I just push the button and leave it then refire to take a puff. Otherwise it just tastes hot and horrible. Joyetech says these can fire up to 3.5ohm coils but if it fires 30w that's over 10 volts? It only fires up to 8v but that enough to wreck a coil.
    Will have 2x evics for sale soon in the classifieds if anyone's interested... Sub Ohmers only as these are fine on sub... Have tested on a multi with my kayfun and an old dripper and up to 1.0 ohm shouldn't cause any issue with this feature but above that and you will run into issues.
    steve.c likes this.

Mot
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    joyetech released an updated evic vt that dosnt do the 30 watt pulse, I have two and neither of them do it.

AVF Regular
    Shame they are not firmware upgradable as that could have fixed the problem.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    So how do i know if i have the carppy version ?

Is there a serial number or something i can check, Also to check the unit normally i need a 1.8 coil let it go to sleep mode and then fire ? ? ? What settings TC mode ? normal mode, watts ? temp ?

Dop you have a link to a more detailed discussion on this ? or something from e Vic ?

AVF Regular
    You can find out the firmware version. Turn it off, then click the fire button 20 times ( or maybe it is 10 ) and it will tell you the version.
    shaneo and Dhufish like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    So will it read Shit version - Better version ? Hahaha

Hope i just purchased Better version
    Dhufish likes this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

Mot
    the newer ones don't show the firmware version if you click the button 20 times

AVF Regular
    Mine shows version 1.18.. Is that a shit one?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    shaneo likes this.

Mot
    yes it is the lessor version
    shaneo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sorry did mean to create panic over this... dhulfish do you sub ohm? If so this isn't a problem at all and if you put a +ohm coil on it you just have to fire it to start without puffing on it... Unless it doesn't really bother you.. I find it annoying so I've decided to move to something else.. No big deal.. I should have put the firmware version on the original post apologies but can confirm that it's is the 1.18 version..pbusardo has some detail on the issue if you google "evic tv voltage surge" I'm sure it will come up.. Sorry again for any panic caused

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast