• 2 Post By steve.c
  • 3 Post By chris1972
  • 1 Post By Stara
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By friaz

Thread: istick 30w battery life

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

istick 30w battery life

Firstly, I love this thing. It's really wonderful and I can see myself using it for ages n ages yet. I've managed to quit smoking cigs with it and if you knew me you'd know this is legitimate miracle lol

I'm wondering if mine is a dud though because I'm only using it at 6.9w/3.6v and it's barely lasting me a day on battery. The "top" half of the battery seems absolutely fine but once it hits halfway it dies insanely fast and when charging it, the "bottom" charges up within half an hour then it spends the rest of the charging time on the "top" half. I'm using top & bottom in terms of the battery icon.

Admittedly I am using it fairly heavily due to recent quitting but I shudder to think of the constant charging when I start cranking up the wattage down the line!!

AVF Regular
    It does sound a little dodgy. Mine lasts me a whole day and I chain vape. Email your vendor and see what he has to say. It def shouldn't die as soon as it gets to the half way mark.
    shaneo and Stara like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stara View Post
    Firstly, I love this thing. It's really wonderful and I can see myself using it for ages n ages yet. I've managed to quit smoking cigs with it and if you knew me you'd know this is legitimate miracle lol

I'm wondering if mine is a dud though because I'm only using it at 6.9w/3.6v and it's barely lasting me a day on battery. The "top" half of the battery seems absolutely fine but once it hits halfway it dies insanely fast and when charging it, the "bottom" charges up within half an hour then it spends the rest of the charging time on the "top" half. I'm using top & bottom in terms of the battery icon.

Admittedly I am using it fairly heavily due to recent quitting but I shudder to think of the constant charging when I start cranking up the wattage down the line!!
    I can easily go through 2 istick 30w in battery discharges in the one day with chain vaping.
    Your best bet is purchasing a mod with external 18650 batteries and an external charger.
    This way you can just exchange the battery when needed.
    I would recommend the EVIC VTC mini and a few 18650s to start out and have the istick as a second or backup

AVF Regular
    Battery life no problems with a cheap fix from ebay lol

Fatman, steve.c and Altered1 like this.
    Provari V2 - CF Sub-Ohm Battery - Eleaf iPower 80w - ECT X.FIR II - Aspire Nautilus - Aspire Atlantis - iClear 30 - Eleaf Lemo 2 - Alien RDA

I'm happy with the istick, I was just looking for opinions on whether the battery behaviour was normal compared to other peoples' experiences.

Thanks for the replies
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stara View Post
    I'm happy with the istick, I was just looking for opinions on whether the battery behaviour was normal compared to other peoples' experiences.

Thanks for the replies
    That istick is 2200mah and should last a good part of the day. However some internal batteries do have significant drop off and maybe that is just the nature of the device and the brand of internal battery.

No one has asked if your coils are low resistance or dual coils. Both of those do drain you battery quicker.
    Stara likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

I use an eleaf 30w with kangertech subtank nano with 1.2ohm coils. I charge overnight and vape most of the day at 13.6w/4.3v and only ever charge it when i get home. Battery is 4-5 months old

HTH

Az
    steve.c likes this.