Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Kangertech Vertical OCC coils

Hi All

It has been many many many months since I last posted in here but I have a problem that I am hoping somebody can possibly help with. Facebook groups have offered various solutions but so far nothing has helped. I have a kanger subbox mini and am trying to use the new vertical occ coils (1.2 ohms) but I cannot for the life of me get the bastard things to prime properly. Doesnt matter what I do within a fairly short space of time I get a dry hit and nothing will fix it after that - just tastes downright nasty Currently am vaping a 70/30 vg/pg mix at 20 watts. I have tried at lower wattages and I have tried thinner juices - I have left one soaking in juice over night (still same issue) I have poked the bloody things with a needle. used distilled water to dampen the wick slightly before priming - no matter what I do, they just will not soak up the juice. Its driving me nuts - I am going to get a new box of the 0.5s but I am reluctant to keep spending money on them if they are just going to get burned out and binned within an hour. I dont have the same problem with the older horizontal coils.

Any suggestions from the experts out there?

Cheers

Lizzy xxxx

AVF Regular
    Has nobody got any ideas ???? Lol oh well guess I am stuffed on these vertical occ coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Are the coil inlets lining up with the internal chimney holder metal bits and getting in the way ? lol uhm You want to be able to see the coil inlets through the tank glass is what im saying.

I know there is a few mils space but i try to make sure they don't line up.

AVF Regular
    Wait......I've got the NANO and after looking at the mini (google images) its built a little different.

So to your 2nd post NOPE i've got no idea only got a nano, sorry.

AVF Regular
    Hard to say, you've already tried all the tricks. I run the 0.5 vertical coils at 30w and have no issues with dry hits up to 70% VG, I did have some issues with some 80% VG juice but poking a couple of holes in each side with a needle fixed that. Apparently the 1.2 vertical coils do have much smaller juice intake holes than the 0.5 verticals (see pic below of comparison), I wouldn't expect them to be that bad though. The only other things I can think of is maybe a bad seal somewhere in the tank or you just got a pack of duds.

AVF Regular
    I'm in the same boat, I'm using the 0.5ohms and have to change every 2-3 days. Not sure what it is with me but nearly every tank is the same situation, tried every trick (poking holes, primer puffs, soaking the coil for 24 hours+). I'm a heavy vaper though, 60Vg40Pg at 30W vaping 10-15ml a day. Tanks lasting less than a week: Subtank, Atlantis 2, Delta II, Arctic. The only ones that I can get at least a week out of the coils are the Smok VCT Pro and even better the iSub G. It's funny really, a $20 tank is my personal favourite for flavour and longevity.

AVF Regular
    I personally use RBAs for all my devices. But I have mates at work having the same issues with the Vertical OCC coils which none of them had with the horizontals. The OCC coils seem not to last very long. Even though they're rated to higher wattages, they seem to fry or burn out unless you're just hitting at under 20w

AVF Regular
    I do not like the 1.2 vertical coils at all, I have tried every trick that people have suggested and still no luck, good for a very little while and then dry hits, the horizontal coil is much better, thats how I solved it.

AVF Regular
    The .5 work fine for me at 20 to 25 watts. And up to 70vg never tried the other coils

AVF Regular
    Yeah I am going to try the 0.5s to see whether they are any better. Glad to know it's not just me that is having issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast