Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sign me up

Thread: External Charger Questions

AVF Regular

External Charger Questions

Hey guys and girls, I'm looking at buying an external charger. I have just been using the USB input on my devices to charge the battery but I recently bought a mod that doesn't have USB charging. Just wondering what I should be looking for in regards to safety, price etc. I need at least a dual bay charger. I'm on a pretty tight budget so if anyone could recommend a quality charger at a low price that would be fantastic! Also, if you've got one for sale please let me know.

Thanks everyone.

AVF Regular
    Quality charger & low price dont really go together.

I get mine from the battery guru around these parts. Some say he eats batteries for breakfast, some say he is actually a robot powered by 18650s. All we know is he's called SuperSports600.

supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Chargers Lithium Ion items on eBay Stores!
    D1git and Malikada like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Thanks mate. I will definitely check out the battery eater now!

AVF Regular
    I'm just using a cheap dual bay nitecore USB charger at the moment and it's been functioning fine, allows me to plug it in everywhere really as I have a 2amp tablet charger at home, a 16000mah USB batter with 2.1amp output and a 3amp USB port in my car... Only cost me about $19 from VE
    Otherwise if you want something a bit fancier for $35 there's the LUC V2 and the XTAR VC2, the luc I believe can charge batteries faster (make sure your batteries suite 1amp charge rate) and the XTAR has a fancy looking display

Comes down to budget and preference really, there are some nicer ones out for not a huge amount more if budget allows

Super Moderator
    Check out Supersports600 on ebay ( AVFs battery guru ) supersports600 | eBay

A few local vendors also take pride in the fact that their chargers are Aust approved ( makes a difference to your insurance if it burns your house down... off the top of my head HoV has them )
    yep ! They do
    Xtar VC2 Dual Bay Li-ion Charger | House of Vape
    There is also the 4 bay version
    Of course you can buy cheap OS but they dont have the local compliance and you wait weeks sometimes for arrival ... a good charger is the best vaping investment you can make , so saving a few $$'s doesnt always make sense .
    Last edited by Fatman; 30-10-15 at 10:34 AM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Recently purchased an Efest Luc V4 from Vapour Eyes, $45 plus postage, but add something to the order and get free postage for over $50. Very happy with my charger it can charge 2 batteries at 2 amps which means quick charging if you want it or 4 at 1 amp. I would stay away from any charger that only charges at 500mah as it is just too slow. 2500mah battery would take 5 hours to charge.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Once again, AV has gone above and beyond with their excellent advice! Thank you so much everyone! VE and HoV are my go to vendors so will definitely pick one up from either site.