Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: O rings

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

O rings

G'day all,

I have a not very popular RTA (EHPro Epoch D1) and will shortly need to replace some O rings that I no longer have replacements for. Can't seem to find replacement kits from anywhere so I was wondering what you all do in that situation. If I want O rings for a Kanger sub tank I would be laughing but I've noticed a similar shortage for a lot of the rest of the tanks, so does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in Perth but happy to talk to companies on the wrong side of the continent :-) .

Super Moderator
    Quite often the idea is go overkill and get value for money ...
    A lot of places do O-ring Kits with a bazillion sizes ... go Nitrile and you wont have trouble with juices eating them .

826 PCS Rubber O Ring Assortment KIT 419 Metric 407 Imperial | eBay

419 PC PCS Metric Rubber O Ring Oring Assortment KIT NEW | eBay

Or you can pop into an Auto parts/Air conditioning/ plumbing store with the old ones as a pattern etc

Measurements help
    H.G.Prefect and Black Betty like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    A place for O-rings in SA (maybe other states) is Ludiwici. Website available to everywhere.
    They can also make you odd sizes if needed. Also have Nitrile and silicone.

https://www.ludowiciseals.com.au/
    Last edited by Black Betty; 04-11-15 at 08:47 PM.
    H.G.Prefect likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
    A place for O-rings in SA (maybe other states) is Ludiwici. Website available to everywhere.
    They can also make you odd sizes if needed. Also have Nitrile and silicone.

https://www.ludowiciseals.com.au/
    Thanks for this Black Betty they do seem to have what I need so I will follow up with them. Any advice on nitrile 70 or 90 as they seem to be the only two hardnesses they have?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by H.G.Prefect View Post
    Any advice on nitrile 70 or 90 as they seem to be the only two hardnesses they have?
    I wouldn't know about Nitrile 70 or 90 but they have always been very helpful.
    If know one knows here I'm sure they'd try and help.
    Good luck mate.
    H.G.Prefect likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
    I wouldn't know about Nitrile 70 or 90 but they have always been very helpful.
    If know one knows here I'm sure they'd try and help.
    Good luck mate.
    Forgot to reply to this sorry. Thanks for the info I've sent them an email and hoping to get a reply soon. I'm a little surprised that this doesn't seem to be as big a problem for people as it is for me. Do people just stop using them when they have no more o rings and get a new tank or what?
    Black Betty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Quite often the idea is go overkill and get value for money ...
    A lot of places do O-ring Kits with a bazillion sizes ... go Nitrile and you wont have trouble with juices eating them .

826 PCS Rubber O Ring Assortment KIT 419 Metric 407 Imperial | eBay

419 PC PCS Metric Rubber O Ring Oring Assortment KIT NEW | eBay

Or you can pop into an Auto parts/Air conditioning/ plumbing store with the old ones as a pattern etc

Measurements help
    Thanks for the help mate. I checked those two out and that might be a way to go but those particular kits don't have many in the sizes I need. Got the idea though and I'll have a bit more of a hunt around and see what I can find. Thanks again FM.
    Fatman and Black Betty like this.

AVF Regular
    Forgot to reply to this sorry. Thanks for the info I've sent them an email and hoping to get a reply soon. I'm a little surprised that this doesn't seem to be as big a problem for people as it is for me. Do people just stop using them when they have no more o rings and get a new tank or what?
    I'd be very surprised if you can't find an o-ring to fit!!!! Keep looking and don't give up to easily.
    I did find a place for o-rings in WA for you.
    From what I can tell Nitrile 70 would be fine for what you want.

O Ring Kits | Nitrile, Viton, Silicone, EPDM, Neoprene
    H.G.Prefect likes this.

AVF Regular
    HG I live in SA as well......whenever I get a new tank I measure and record the orings before I use it. ID (inner diameter) OD (outside diameter) and thickness. When I need more orings I go and visit our local bearings man and he orders them in for me. No fancy colours but will get most sizes imp and metric.

SA Bearings inc

The other thing to realise is that much of the vaping gear is mix and match so while you may not find something labeled with your device another device that has the same parts may have spares kits.
    Fatman and H.G.Prefect like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    HG I live in SA as well......whenever I get a new tank I measure and record the orings before I use it. ID (inner diameter) OD (outside diameter) and thickness. When I need more orings I go and visit our local bearings man and he orders them in for me. No fancy colours but will get most sizes imp and metric.

SA Bearings inc

The other thing to realise is that much of the vaping gear is mix and match so while you may not find something labeled with your device another device that has the same parts may have spares kits.
    I'm actually in W.A. Black Betty suggested the South Oz place. Great idea about recording the sizes and will be doing that in future.

I suppose the places I've been able to find locally look they are mainly wholesale or setup for large sales and wouldn't be interested in a small sale like mine. That has put me off contacting them but I'll have to get over that.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast