AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Mini Protech ..Orrible Taste...Help.

Good Afternoon all.
    I am wondering if you learned Vapers can help me with a problem as I am relatively new to this having sustained a heart attack a year ago my cardiologist stated I should continue Vapping as he sees no problem with it and that is far better than analogues.
    Well with this endorsement I moved from a pen 510 battery type to a Itaste MVP with a Nautilus Aspire .. absolutely brilliant love the taste and vap but coils last about a week with the thick goop I vap ..small price to pay compared to Analogues Iím way ahead.
    So after the long rhetoric my issue is I bout 2 x Kanger Tech Mini protech cartomizers ... no matter what I do the taste is horrible .. it taste burnt and hot I have tried both carts and changed coils .
    My MVP is set to 3.3 V and power to 5 W this is the lowest setting and still it tastes like burning cotton.
    What am I doing wrong or is the cart just not suitable..?
    Any suggestions on a glass cart to suit the MVP please.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated .
    Best regards,
    Stephen.

AVF Regular
    It should be fine.

With as little power as that it should not be burning unless the wicks arnt getting saturated with liquid. If you're using thick liquid this is the likely culprit.

If the Nautilis was working fine, maybe go back to that? 1 week from a coil is pretty standard.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Sorry to hear that, there are many stories all over the net about kanger tech mini and (mini v2) burnt or plastic tastes and various fixes from,
    Turning the bottom rubber ring on the coil upside down,

The rubber seal where the tank connects to bottom ring having a bit protruding and burning.

Boiling everything except the O-rings due to left over residue from production.

Running a pin through the wicks to get them to take the juice better.

And some people have been removing the entire top wick, at the risk of flooding.

These tanks seem to be hit and miss from what ive seen.

As for gunky juice thats a tough one, maybe have a look at the iclear tanks, ive run a iclear 30 with some thickish juice no problems and its still going but I'm sure there are some better options available now.

Have you considered a rebuildable tank? Im just about to start doimg my own coils but know its going to be a long journey but in the long run the only option for me to reduce coil cost and longevity.

Good luck and well done for making the change for a better life.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I would recommend trying the safety pin through the wicks first and doing some dry pulls/priming by covering air holes and sucking without firing to get juice to soak into the coils because the descrition is definitely sounds like its not wicking
    Sometimes if the wicks are burnt it will be hard to get rid of the taste but a soak and boil might help. Also you are aware that you only set one variable on this mod, its either voltage or watts, most tend to set watts as there is a greater adjustment range and it will set the volts accordingly, which ever you set last is the one thats in control.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tyzer; 06-11-15 at 06:46 AM.