Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Intro and a Vaporiser question

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Intro and a Vaporiser question

Hi all. My name is Phil and I have just returned to vaping after a bit of a lay-off where I went back to cigarettes. I'm not sure why I did that but at least I've found my way back and once again quit the coffin nails. Anyway, the forum looks very good and informative so I joined up and this is my first post.

My question is really about tanks but first I'll explain my equipment. I have a Provari paired with a Kanger Aerotank. When this setup is working I am reasonably happy with it but there are some things which frequently annoy me and I'd like to find the best solution out there. So, the issues are:
    • Leakage. No matter how careful I am I frequently find that liquid finds its way into the drip tip and I can hear bubbling inside and ultimately I get liquid in my mouth. I've tried a few different tanks but every one I've tried seems to suffer the same affliction.
    • Filling Convenience. Filling the Aero is not especially difficult (I use an Innokin U-Can) but so often I finish up with e-liquid on my fingers etc. I hate that I have to worry about how I hold things and the inconvenience of bottom filling.

Thinking about the issues leads me to think about what is the ideal solution and ask what product gets closest to this utopia. So what is my ideal solution? Well I'm not 100% sure but there are some things I can list to describe it. Those things are as follows:
    • Easy Refill: Preferably without any disassembly at all and allows the use of something like the U-Can.
    • Leak Proof at any angle!!!!! Say no more!
    • Adjustable air flow like the Aero.
    • Compatible with the Provari obviously.
    • Larger capacity, say 5ml
    • Easily sourced and price competitive coils.
    • Not too bulky. Size matters
    • Simple but smart appearance like the Aero.
    • Replaceable drip tip compatible.

Now I've read a fair bit about sub-ohm setups and I haven't dismissed the possibility of switching altogether but I'm not absolutely sure of the advantages/disadvantages but the same issues would apply if I was going to go that way. Advice on this is welcome! Clearly my old Provari would need to be replaced but I'm not sure if I'm better to go with a box mod like the Smok X Cube II paired with a TFV4 or what other product would be better suited. The reality is that I'm a bit of a gadget buff so I would certainly consider a complete upgrade but in the meanwhile I might be just as happy with a tank that deals with most of my issues.

Any advice on the best hardware would be very welcome.
    Thanks in advance,

Phil

AVF Regular
    For a tank I would recommend the kanger subtank mini. I haven't used some of the newer ones out there because this gives me everything I need. Never had it leak, looks good, performs great, comes with RBA etc etc etc. You do have to take the bottom off to refill but it last me the whole day at work so for me thats not an issue. You can get prebuilt coils either 0.5 or 1.2 ohm so you can choose if you want to subohm or not.

For a mod I'd say the evic vt mini. 75W of power, temperature control with Ni/Ti/SS. Nice small size, comfortable in the hand and easy to adjust.

That's just my two cents.
    philzgr8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanokatz View Post
    For a tank I would recommend the kanger subtank mini. I haven't used some of the newer ones out there because this gives me everything I need. Never had it leak, looks good, performs great, comes with RBA etc etc etc. You do have to take the bottom off to refill but it last me the whole day at work so for me thats not an issue. You can get prebuilt coils either 0.5 or 1.2 ohm so you can choose if you want to subohm or not.

For a mod I'd say the evic vt mini. 75W of power, temperature control with Ni/Ti/SS. Nice small size, comfortable in the hand and easy to adjust.

That's just my two cents.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Of course I'm not going to find the perfect solution but the closer I get the better. I'll take a good look at your suggestion.

I'd have to recommend the tobecco mini supertank. Top fill, best adjustable airflow I came across while using tanks and small in appearance. Price is on point at $30au aswell.
    Atlantis coil compatible so you won't have an issue there.
    The delrin Drip tip isn't switch able though due to the top fill design
    philzgr8 likes this.

philzgr8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-27 View Post
    Thanks Craig. Looks pretty good but I am hoping for something with a bigger capacity. I'm a bit of a chain vaper so the bigger the capacity the better. That said, it does look pretty good and worth keeping in mind.

Just one more question. Other than Vapourtron, is there a shop I can visit in Melbourne (pref east) with a decent range that I can visit and view/try products?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by philzgr8 View Post
    Just one more question. Other than Vapourtron, is there a shop I can visit in Melbourne (pref east) with a decent range that I can visit and view/try products?
    There's two that I know of not exactly east but sometimes that can't be helped.

There's ace vape in Elgin street in the city. And wick and wire co just opened their B&M in Cheltenham.

Haven't been to either but have order a bit from the folks at wick and wire co, and stu and bella are awesome.
    philzgr8 likes this.

Maybe the Uwell Crown? It has top filling which makes it easy, holds 4ml.
    Its getting pretty good reviews.

Uwell Crown SubOhm Clearomizer Tank | VapeKing
    Emmortal and philzgr8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    There's two that I know of not exactly east but sometimes that can't be helped.

There's ace vape in Elgin street in the city. And wick and wire co just opened their B&M in Cheltenham.

Haven't been to either but have order a bit from the folks at wick and wire co, and stu and bella are awesome.
    Yes as I thought, such shops are in serious short supply in Melbourne. I don't mind Vapourtron but they tend to be a bit pricey compared to the competition. It might be a while until I get to either of those two but we will see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast