Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stainless steel coils fo TC advice

AVF Regular

Stainless steel coils fo TC advice

Ok
    So I want to build some coils (for the first time) and use them in TC mode on the evic mini,
    I have been using .3-.5ohm pre built coils but prefer the .3 I also mainly use fruity flavours or only two-three flavour mixes just incase this will have any bearing on the builds.

I will be using a kanger subtank plus to start and it has the mini rba, (not the one with the holes in the sides of the sleave just juice channels) So firstly should I buy the newer version of the rba or is there an alternate reasonably priced tank with rebuildable that is a better option (bear in mind I only have 75watts available but really don't want to run it that high so I can vape for longer)

From what I've gathered the Stainless Steel wire is the "safest" to use or is titanium just as safe and if so which uses less power to produce optimal vapor and flavour(yes I know this is subjective to individuals) as battery life is a factor for me.

What I'm looking for is a build that will give me great flavour, clouds are not as important as flavour but who doesn't like blowing stacks and can run at the 20-50w range

I'm finding the flavour and vapor from the included .5ohm rba coil better than the pre built .5 coils by kanger so I'm thinking of .3, .4 stainless steel or titanium coil on my rba should hit the spot I'm looking for so if anyone has made them can you please share how you made it and what watts/temp your running it at, it would be greatly appreciated

Sorry to have to ask but there is only so much googling I can do before I start to over think s@*t and this forum has a wealth of knowledge so thought I'd just ask.

Cheers
    Tyzer

AVF Regular
    For coil wrapping you can't go past Steam engine. Very helpful.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

As for your tank I have not used one so can't comment on that. I use a TFV4 which I was using the TR-R1 RBA coil in it but now switching to the TF-RCA Clapton RBA (doesn't have to be a clapton coil, build it with whatever you like)

Ti is pretty safe, but don't overheat the coil, SS is safer again, could be hard to work with? Haven't tried myself.

Temp wise each mod and juice is differant but I am somewhere between 210-260 C.
    Tyzer likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    I heard somewhere u will need 304 SS wire to do temp with, the 316L ones wont work as the coefficient is too low to register change and performs pretty much like kanthal.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnoman View Post
    I heard somewhere u will need 304 SS wire to do temp with, the 316L ones wont work as the coefficient is too low to register change and performs pretty much like kanthal.
    Ahhhh that may be the reason why i cant use my ss on my evict . It just hit temp protection too quick if not instantly. Do u know where to get 304?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    FWIW - I'm running dual 8 wrap 28awg 2.5mm id on my Bellus with UD 316L from VE - works fine on EVIC VTC Mini - 240C, 25 W - works fine - Temp Protection kicks in just fine . . . Very happy with it . . . Easier to build with than Nickel and TI - made up compresses "micro-coils" - flavour is as good a kanthal -if not a bit better . . .

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbVFR View Post
    FWIW - I'm running dual 8 wrap 28awg 2.5mm id on my Bellus with UD 316L from VE - works fine on EVIC VTC Mini - 240C, 25 W - works fine - Temp Protection kicks in just fine . . . Very happy with it . . . Easier to build with than Nickel and TI - made up compresses "micro-coils" - flavour is as good a kanthal -if not a bit better . . .
    Sweet I was going to ask if anyone had used SS on the evic mini and which grade you used.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the responses, I reluctantly bought some ni200 wire today as Im an inpatient person and didnt want to spend $20 to try the TC mode. Is the ni200 as bad as we are believed to be told, if your not cooking the wire shouldnt it not be harmful?

Ended up doing a 28g small spaced 6 coil wrap around a 3mm shaft and eneded up with a 0.07ohm coil. Very happy with my honey melon juice, makes my mouth water after a vape. Running at 500-550 at 30 wats.
    Im using 50/50 juice so the rba can keep up, will push more vg over the next couple of days to test its limits but im already blowing nice clouds.

MelbVFR what Ohm did you get from that build?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Also am I right that the wats only affects how quickly it gets to temperature amd the chip then rgulates ti maintain? And if so highter temps means it will use higher watts to maintain? If so the metal that heats quicker and maintains heat qould be the most efficient it will be?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyzer View Post
    Thanks for the responses, I reluctantly bought some ni200 wire today as Im an inpatient person and didnt want to spend $20 to try the TC mode. Is the ni200 as bad as we are believed to be told, if your not cooking the wire shouldnt it not be harmful?

Ended up doing a 28g small spaced 6 coil wrap around a 3mm shaft and eneded up with a 0.07ohm coil. Very happy with my honey melon juice, makes my mouth water after a vape. Running at 500-550 at 30 wats.
    Im using 50/50 juice so the rba can keep up, will push more vg over the next couple of days to test its limits but im already blowing nice clouds.

MelbVFR what Ohm did you get from that build?

That build comes out at 0.5 ohms on my Evic-Mini . ..
    Tyzer likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyzer View Post
    Also am I right that the wats only affects how quickly it gets to temperature amd the chip then rgulates ti maintain? And if so highter temps means it will use higher watts to maintain? If so the metal that heats quicker and maintains heat qould be the most efficient it will be?

The watts that is set will be the maximum watts the device can apply to the coil. Higher watts faster ramp up but also then more control is needed from the device, but hey, that is what they are built to do. Just make sure you have enough watts to heat the coil quickly.
    Tyzer likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast