Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ego CLR Ti coils engaging protection instantly, CL coils dropping TC mode

AVF Regular

Ego CLR Ti coils engaging protection instantly, CL coils dropping TC mode

Hi All,

I've been vaping on a evic mini with the stock CL Ti coils with very pleasant results on TC mode (400-460F, 20-35w).
    Decided to try a different flavour so I put on another coil among the packet of spare CLR rebuildables also in Ti.

Loaded it on, locked resistance cold and... zero result. Apparently some form of protection is placed on and indicated onscreen. That said the coil works fine on wattage mode.

Another problem I found was the CL coils after 1/2 a day started dropping out of TC mode the instant it's fired. Again in wattage mode its working fine but I'd like to remain using TC as I can warm vape right closer to burning the juice.

Has anyone else have this happen to them?

Oh and the mod has been updated to 2.0.

Thank you.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I haven't had this happen but quite often I get a little liquid down underneath the coil. I'd suggest taking off the tank, unscrewing the coil and getting some tissue, just make a point and getting the contacts a good clean. See if that makes a difference. I find that when I put a new coil in, I really have to screw it in quite well otherwise it comes out when you unscrew the tank. I'm looking at other tanks, not that happy with the ego tank.

from Townsville :-)

AVF Regular
    ive had too little time to form solid opinion but I have found the 1.6ohm nautilus BVC taste better than the ego mega tank despite producing much less visible vapour, in fact puffing away on small refillable cartomizers and clearomizers used for simple cigalikes have tasted better than my stock tank.
    That said. Volume of vapour and nicotine hit, the sub ohm tank does very well...a little too well as I found yesterday.

Also from TSV mate.

AVF Regular
    Been finding many issues with my evic mini's stability in TC mode. Seeing more and more online about it.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    That's disappointing to hear. I imagine it measures heat based on coil resistance (as metals get hotter resistance increases) yet set on 500F it hit protection even before the juice started vaporizing. I was pretty sure this was not the case day one. May buy a few new CL coils to see if it works again. None of the CLR rebuildables have functioned in TC mode thus far.

AVF Regular
    I found coils detect at a lower ohm when cold (lower then they should be)

So for example my 0.4 coil would detect at 0.35 cold and after a few puffs (with almost no vapour being produced) I'd unscrew it, screw it on and tell confirm it's a new coil by pressing right.
    Then it would sit at like 0.39 and work MUCH better, I have the same issue more often then not on SS temp mode too... sometimes even it kicks me over into wattage mode, now I just use SS or Kanthal on wattage mode and ignore temp control as I got tired of the faffing around
    shaneo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Last night I changed firmware from 2.0 to 1.3 mainly for the looks. Then I tried TC mode again. I found the resistance were reading far higher than before with my Ti CLR coils reading .55 ohm cold. Everything seems to be working fine now however. I found wattage mode gave a warmer vape but the TC mode at 440 gave the biggest nicotine hit. Strange.

AVF Regular
    Yep, its fixed...I have no clue why but when I load up cold Ti coils its reads .55ohms despite packet labelling as 0.4 ohms but it works. Good vape, "drier" with less sputter and so far been right up to 500F and still no burning on a decent airflow. In the end I don't care what it reads as long as the results fine.

Perhaps firmware 1.3 does the trick (And I rather see amps or battery meter than have the mod remind me how many puffs I've taken

I'm using the stock ti coils as well on mine. Haven't had issues with the temp control but lately I find and I don't know why that I'm happy to vape in power mode around 18 watts. Any higher and I get dry hits because of the shit house little wick holes on the coils. I'm looking at upgrading my tank and building my own coils

Also, in temp mode, my ti coils come in at 0.4. In power mode, they're reading at 0.42. The device doesn't let you lock in the resistance of the coil in power mode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast