Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Thinking abut buying a kangerteck mini

AVF Regular

Thinking abut buying a kangerteck mini

Hi all well was looking into buying a small tank that takes rebuildable coils as id like to learn how to do it,the one i am looking at is the kangertech subtank mini wich uses rebuildable and pre made .I have watched a few videos on rebuilding the on you tube and doesnt seem that hard and had a bit of a look at things like wire ,cotton ect when i was down the local shop yesterday,so what i would like is honest opinions on 1 what type of wire to use ,what type of wicking material ,and what are the general thoughts on this tank if you have one .
    Another reason for looking at rebuilding my own coils is cost of premade ones for my nautiluss and mini ,unfortunatelly i went through two yesterday and at 18.00 for 5 thats not a good hit miss rate ,considering the guy showed me that i could get 20 premade coils for a rebuildable for 10 anyhow leave your thoughts
    crispy

AVF Regular
    Pretty easy to master
    One of my first RBA and still use 3 subtank minis today
    Muji cotton and Kanthal good to start

I dry burn the coil and rewick
    Change coil every now an then
    Very very cheap
    rodbam and crispy like this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    I've found my most used wire is 28 gauge Kanthal A1. The cotton I've been using is the Japanese organic cotton pads. I just bought a puck of Native Cotton for $9 which seems to working very well in my tanks even though they say it's more for drippers, I can't understand how something that is made for wicking can be deemed for drippers only.
    I seem to have more success with wrapping a 2mm dia than I have with 2.5mm or 3mm not in the making of them but in the vaping I don't know why. I normally now do a micro coil 8 wraps at 2mm with 28g Kanthal for a 1.3ohm coil.
    The early Subtanks were more geared towards lung hits with the larg air holes I thing the newer ones have more adjustments. The RBA on the Subtank is the best I've found for rebuilding because of the easy way it traps the wire for tightening down.
    Good luck with it mate.
    Fatman, crispy and shaneo like this.

AVF Regular
    The Subtank mini comes with a build already in the RBA section. All you need to do is wick it with some of the cotton that comes with the kit and there's also some spare pre wrapped coils, a screw driver and spare screws. Everything you need to try it out is in the box, if you find you like rebuilding you can look at investing in some different wires and wicking material.

Just make sure you get the V2, the V1 RBA section was crap.
    eteach and crispy like this.
    Just get an EPM.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for your replies guys , now here are some more questions do you use an ohms metre to check your coils ,what gauge wire do you use and what size coils do you or would you build for this tank ,what do you use to build your coils with ie: a wand or another type of coil jig .I know some of these questions have been answered by rodbam and i thank him for that so lets hear what you have to say
    crispy

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The Subtank mini comes with a build already in the RBA section. All you need to do is wick it with some of the cotton that comes with the kit and there's also some spare pre wrapped coils, a screw driver and spare screws. Everything you need to try it out is in the box, if you find you like rebuilding you can look at investing in some different wires and wicking material.

Just make sure you get the V2, the V1 RBA section was crap.
    I like my V1 RBAs

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    Subtank mini is has been my daily for over a year now. Good airflow. Piss easy to rebuild. Thats all I use these days except a derringer clone here and there.
    eteach likes this.

AVF Regular
    Chrispy a ohms meter is a must so you can check the ohms of the coil you have just built but more importantly check for shorts. Say you wrap a 1.3ohm coil & when you check it on the meter & the ohm reading jumps around or reads a silly high number than you know something is wrong & you strip your build down looking for the problem. You don't want to put a shorted build into your mod & fire it because it could start your battery to heat up & start gassing out which can make it go boom.
    The Subtank can go sub ohm if you like that type of vaping, I have found 1.3ohms at about 10w to 12w gives me the best vape for how I like it. The RBA section in the subtank comes with .5ohm coils so if you like them you might prefer the lower ohm builds right down to about .15. If you are going to use temp control then you have to look at NI200 wire or TI wire as Kanthal won't work with temp control only in Wattage mode.. Have a look at this site Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators you just put what you want in the boxes & it tells you how many wraps for what ohms etc.
    I have the coil master & it makes nice coils but really just using the right dia drill is sort of just as easy.
    crispy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    I like my V1 RBAs
    Me too. But might as well get V2.

AVF Regular
    Hey rod thanks for that smoke and flames dont excite me especially after i saw what happened to that pommy fella ,i am only using an eleif 30w and from what the guy in the shop tells me normal wire should be ok ,in fact he was using an eleaf 30 on his kanger mini i was interested in what others had to say .Your right until i have bought it and used the coils supplied i wont really know what i want but the ammount of vapour this guy was puffing out on his was pretty phenominal and id have to be a bit careful were i used it as even with my nautilus i get some retarded comments which i ignore .The website you have referred me to is pretty good so ive book marked it for further reference ,i just had a look on the fasteck website at pre made coils and for a 0.5 ohm coil from 28g wire you can get 200 for $9.00 reveiws seem good but you never know ,but i would like to make my own and its funny about the drill bit i thought that as well ive got a few 13mm drill bits in the shed ,watched a you tube video on the coil master ohms checker what a magic little peice of kit ,bit pricey but still a good tool to have around if your going to make heaps i think it would pay for itself after about a month or so ,thats another question i have i see there is stainless wire who would use it and what on ,i watched a video on some guy twisting wire in a drill i dont know what that does for the coils anyway thanks for the replies
    crispy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast