Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Good quility USB charger for Provari Radius

Jas
    AVF Regular

Good quility USB charger for Provari Radius

The USB charger that came with my Radius looks like a crappy china one and I can tell as the charging takes long. The Radius has a 800mah fast USB internal charger saying that charging is quick, However not with the supplied cable. Any recommendations on a top quality fast usb charger? I have no idea with amps etc with usb cables but I know there are good ones out there. I might have to go to JB-HI and see what they have?
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    the Samsung fast charger works really quick on my istick. maybe give that a try if you have one?
    Jas likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    the Samsung fast charger works really quick on my istick. maybe give that a try if you have one?
    I have found also the officeworks standard chargers seems to work fine also. cheers
    steve.c likes this.

Super Moderator
    Hi Jas .. I have used one I got from my local IGA believe it or not
    its a model VP-SAU210 adapter
    similar to https://www.1-day.com.au/products/AAMHAO52X
    I havent found it readily available online tho ?
    I have used it no drama for a year now and both USB outlets do 2.1A as well as giving you two more AU powerpoints for other chargers
    Jas likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

fad
    AVF Regular
    This might be of some interest: Extensive reviews of USB chargers

He (?) also reviews battery chargers and batteries.
    Jas likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    The USB charger that came with my Radius looks like a crappy china one and I can tell as the charging takes long. The Radius has a 800mah fast USB internal charger saying that charging is quick, However not with the supplied cable. Any recommendations on a top quality fast usb charger? I have no idea with amps etc with usb cables but I know there are good ones out there. I might have to go to JB-HI and see what they have?
    Hi Jas, how did you go with finding a cable and what charger are you using? You are right about the cable, I charge my Radius on the computer usb port and it takes longer than 3 hours to charge. Any suggestions from all you guys and gals out there will be a great help??

fad
    AVF Regular
    Stop charging your mod from your computer.

The USB ports in computers share the power between them, so your Radius is never going to get enough power to charge it at full speed.
    Use a USB charger that plugs into the wall and the charging time should drop significantly.
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Hi Jas .. I have used one I got from my local IGA believe it or not
    its a model VP-SAU210 adapter
    similar to https://www.1-day.com.au/products/AAMHAO52X
    I havent found it readily available online tho ?
    I have used it no drama for a year now and both USB outlets do 2.1A as well as giving you two more AU powerpoints for other chargers
    FM you say the charger puts out over 2amps I thought charging our batteries over 1amp can cause problems like fires etc. Is this right?

Super Moderator
    Hi Rod .. when you use a charging product like this it can SUPPLY up to 2A to your charger, but the charger ( or load) determines both how much it draws and how much is passed thru to the charging battery ... think of it like a wall socket ... the wiring in them is set to deliver up to 10A-15A but that doesn't mean if you insert a fan with a 1 Amp draw it will blow it up
    A power supply doesn't (usually) force current into anything , but it provides it ( up to its limits )

So when you hook up your charger to the USB in a product like this , it regulates the amount travelling to your battery ( the inbuilt charge board in mods like the Radius etc) should do the same ...

IF you hooked a battery DIRECTLY up to this USB with no regulated charge device in between ... then the battery would become the load itself and THAT would be a bad thing
    Last edited by Fatman; 14-12-15 at 08:53 PM.
    Stomp and rodbam like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Its best to know the amount of amps the Radius can charge at and pick a charger which has a max amp rating to match, as fm points out there are safeties, but I wouldn't rely solely on them, safeties are known to fail.

you dont want no exploding battery scenario now..
    rodbam likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast