Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By J_B_86
  • 1 Post By J_B_86
  • 1 Post By Jas

Thread: Kanger Occ Vertical coils and high VG juice

Jas
    AVF Regular

Kanger Occ Vertical coils and high VG juice

I might of got a bad coil but I'm having problems with an 80/20 juice, Charlie nobles Tripoli. I've got the 0.5ohm vertical coil in the mini and I've primed it well, let it sit and broke it in, but its not keeping up at 35w. after a couple of pulls i get a dry hit than a good hit etc. bibles are coming out from the massive holes so i know juice is feeding into the coil. I've got a custard in the other mini thats 77vg and no problems in chaining at 35-40w. its pretty much the same as 80Vg. May i ask what others experiences are with 80/20 mixes in the Kanger 0.5ohm vertical coil? whats your wattage? and how is it running for you? i thought these coils are meant to handle high VG no problem, the old ones i couldn't even get past 25w but these seem to hit better and to me are improved. I'm hoping it's just a dud coil.

cheers.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    I only run them at 30w so haven't had many issues. I did have some trouble when I used some of the one hit wonder juice (80% VG), poking a couple of little holes in each side with a sharp and thin pin fixed it though.
    Jas likes this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    strange that they say you can run max vg at a maximum of 40w. Btw Are you talking about the vertical coils or the old horizontal that you use?
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.

AVF Regular
    I'm using verticals, I definitely find them better than the old horizontals but yeah max VG at 40w is a bit of a stretch.
    Jas likes this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    I think i got a bad coil. wacked in a new one today and fully primed it, like spending alot of time soaking that cotton than filled it let it sit for about 10min and started breaking it in starting at 15w for a bit than 20w, 30w and 35w. I think the key is really priming a fresh coil properly. This ones got no problems keeping up at all at 35w 80/20 juice. But ill never put anything over 80vg in there. 80 seems the limit.
    J_B_86 likes this.