• 1 Post By Dhufish
  • 1 Post By J_B_86
  • 1 Post By Hak

Thread: Smok tfv4 Quad coil help

Hak
    AVF Regular

Smok tfv4 Quad coil help

Hi guys,

I am using the IPV D2 TC with the smok tfv4 and just recently popped in the Quad coil

but when i run it in wattage mode it always says low res!

running at 0.158ohms

But when i run this on TC mode Ti02

it works prefectly fine. Currently still new only a month into this vaping game so is it me or am i doing something wrong?

Because i dont think the quad coil is a Ti, or is it a NiCoil?

AVF Regular
    The IPV D2 can only fire down to 0.20 ohm.

Its really important to know what type of coil you are using ! You do not want to run a TC (Ni & Ti) coil in normal wattage mode as the fumes are not good for you.

Where did you get the coil ? What does it say on the coil ?

If it is a TfQ4 coil they fire at 0.15ohm so i'd say your mod wont fire it. The TiTF coil (Ti) fires at 0.33ohm and your mod should be able to fire it.

No idea why a normal quad coil would work in Ti mode but not normal wattage mode, unless some of the coils rated at 0.15 actually are a bit higher than they're supposed to be thus letting your mod fire them. I found a lot of the pre made coils i've used are not exactly what they're supposed to be but pretty close.
    Hak likes this.

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post
    The IPV D2 can only fire down to 0.20 ohm.

Its really important to know what type of coil you are using ! You do not want to run a TC (Ni & Ti) coil in normal wattage mode as the fumes are not good for you.

Where did you get the coil ? What does it say on the coil ?

If it is a TfQ4 coil they fire at 0.15ohm so i'd say your mod wont fire it. The TiTF coil (Ti) fires at 0.33ohm and your mod should be able to fire it.

No idea why a normal quad coil would work in Ti mode but not normal wattage mode, unless some of the coils rated at 0.15 actually are a bit higher than they're supposed to be thus letting your mod fire them. I found a lot of the pre made coils i've used are not exactly what they're supposed to be but pretty close.
    AH i think thats why i did not know the ipvd2 can only fire down to 0.20ohms As it was a gift and i didnt do much reasearch on it like the next mod ill be purchasing.

I only used the TfQ4 because i cleaned out my Tri Coil ;/

thanks mate for the great help and fast response i guess i got to take out the coil asap then LOL.

AVF Regular
    It works on titanium mode because it allows you to use a lower resistance for temp control than it does for just regular wattage mode. Its fine to use it like this, using nickel or titanium coils without using temp control is what you need to avoid.
    Hak likes this.

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    It works on titanium mode because it allows you to use a lower resistance for temp control than it does for just regular wattage mode. Its fine to use it like this, using nickel or titanium coils without using temp control is what you need to avoid.
    thank you sir! well i think ill just finish this juice i got in it and change back to the tri coil as its getting cleaned out waiting till tmrw morining and ill pop it back in

i seem to like it better as the IPV D2 doesn't get as hot with the tri than the quad
    J_B_86 likes this.