Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By J_B_86
  • 1 Post By J_B_86
  • 1 Post By MCYL

Thread: 20-40w plug & play tank to replace ego one mega.

AVF Regular

20-40w plug & play tank to replace ego one mega.

Over the last 6 weeks I've gone from cigalike+cartomizer to ego mega one, nautilus mini, OBS Crius V3 and a Lush RDA.
    After the Crius & Lush I'm pretty ready to ditch the ego tank. Funnily enough the naut mini still has a place for puffing away at 10w...

I still want a disposable core clearomizer and something that vapes well below the requirements of the Crius (starts at 45-50W)

The juice bar I visited used subtank mini's (not sure which coil) for their samplers, I preferred them over the ego and also found they worked well over a range of 20-40w. My guess is that the subtanks coils has juice holes with about 3x the diameter of the ego CL coils.

Tempted to grab one of them but wondering if more experienced vapers here have found anything that trumps it? Oh and I'd rather a brand that's readily accessible both for parts and coils.

Thanks in advance.

AVF Regular
    I vape at 30w all the time and mostly use rebuildable tanks but sometimes do use clearo's when I'm in a hurry or can't be bothered. I've found the subtank mini with the 0.5 vertical coils to be great at 30w, also really like the Melo 2 tank with the triton clapton coils. Tried the crown tank with all the different coils and wasn't very impressed with it at lower wattages, also tried the TFV4 with several coils and didn't like it much either.
    Tyzer likes this.

AVF Regular
    For this tank its to be used purely on bought coils as I have others for building. I'm tempted on the subtank Nano for its smaller capacity. Aside from the availability of an RBA deck and capacity does the Mini and the Nano should perform the same if I'm not mistaken? Oh and I expect the Nano to heat up quicker.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    For this tank its to be used purely on bought coils as I have others for building. I'm tempted on the subtank Nano for its smaller capacity. Aside from the availability of an RBA deck and capacity does the Mini and the Nano should perform the same if I'm not mistaken? Oh and I expect the Nano to heat up quicker.
    Yeah performance should be the same. I used to have a nano and don't remember it getting exceptionally hot so I wouldn't worry too much about that unless your going to be chain vaping it at very high wattage.
    MCYL likes this.

AVF Regular
    Haha yeah I think I will be, but I don't mind a hot atty :-) thanks for the input!
    J_B_86 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Picked up the subtank mini. Happy as Larry, goodbye ego tank. I know just the starter pal that won't need to buy an atty with his mod now...=D until he tries any of mine.

That said the Ego one performance is fairly close using the rebuildables CLR heads but I wanted something that can be serviced instantly.

AVF Regular
    I've been using the OBS T-vct for a couple of weeks now on an Istick 40. Highly recommend. Have had burnt hits on the stock .5 at 25W but never on the .25 coils at 40W. They have larger juice holes (I do use max vg). Sounds like you have a more powerful mod that you can use it on too. Obviously building is an interest for you too so if you get the rba deck, it can cater for all your interests. It's a versatile tank that performs between 20-40W. This has replaced my Ego One(s). AND 6ml juice capacity, top fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Yeah building can be fun but for the ego replacement the main criteria were better flavour than the ego and stock, prebuilt coils that just about everyone sells. For that I chose the Subtank mini.

So far I found the stock OCC 0.5 coils to be excellent, I spent an hour trying to rebuild a CLR to match right down to filing it back to no positive result.
    The CLR also is of no comparison to the STMs RBA deck, for a single coil only deck its affords so much clearance to build something cool.

My only gripe on the STM is that the juice holes sit rather high and wick goes dry with quite a bit of juice to go. As I usually change flavours on empty it kinda pesters me that I'm dumping .25 ml each time.

Its hard to compare a it with the Crius as RTAs are highly dependant on the build but with my current line up of atty's I have
    5-15w Nautilus mini BVC. stock coils. Can't get TC to work
    20-40w Subtank mini, stock coils. TC SS works GREAT. It's like together Joyetech and Kanger made the perfect start kit with the Evic mini + STM
    35-60w Crius, currently the most fun to build as it's deck is rather constrained per coil (STMs single coil can fit WAY bigger coils easily) So its a fun challenge to build small while maximising entropy.
    60-75w, Lush RDA...

that's it until I go pick up that RX200 I saw. However it maybe a case of building bigger for the sake of it 75w seem to be making me more of a nicotine addict than cigarettes ever did.