Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anything better than Cyclone with AFC for dripping?

AVF Regular

Anything better than Cyclone with AFC for dripping?

I currently use the Cyclone and find the airflow good but the juice well doesn't hold as much as I'd like and I end up with dry hits too often.

Can anyone recommend a better RDA that would suit my preferences? I'm a more direct to lung rather than mouth-to-lung. I need good airflow and the Cyclone has great airflow for that but I would like a larger juice well.

I'm not sure what is out there now, I got the Cyclone in 2013 and it has served me well. Thinking about it, my current coil is getting black and nasty looking so maybe time to replace it.

How often do you guys with RDAs change coils? I use 1ohm twisted wire coils and run them between 3.2 and 4.5 watts depending on juice on my Radius. Is this too low? I read some ohm vaping charts and what I read is to stay in the green range which I can see is 3.2 to 4.5 watts.

AVF Regular
    I'd recommend a magma. Holds 40-50 drops of liq and has 2x 3mm airholes so it's great for direct lung inhale. I change my coil once a week.

AVF Regular
    I love the Magma, as well as my Origen and Quasar (though the Quasar has no juice well per se).... all of them great for mouth to lung but not really "clowd" machines. Coils get changed about every 3-6 months, fluff as needed.

I use 4-4.2v if I'm using a regulated mod, but generally just use mechs. I find the whole watts thing confuses the equation unnecessarily.
    DogMan likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    My coils get all gunky, I don't have to change once a week but I kinda enjoy it
    Last edited by Fluffyvapingclouds; 18-12-15 at 06:08 PM.

AVF Regular
    3 to 6 months for one coil? Wow that's a long time. I was led to believe that you needed to change the coil once every 2 to 3 weeks

AVF Regular
    I just ordered a Magma clone. From what I've read about the original, it will be amazing.

I like to use Japanese cotton. Are there any better wicking options than cotton? I know a lot still use silica but I've heard conflicting reports.

Is silica really still the best wicking material? I was led to believe cotton was healthier. Obviously depending on the juice - I use Vape Dudes' Buttery Nipple - I would have to change the cotton every week otherwise I notice it gets pretty grotty after a few days.

AVF Regular
    I notice it doesn't use O-rings. Is this a cause for concern? I thought O-rings prevented hot juice from seeping through the base?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamind2013 View Post
    3 to 6 months for one coil? Wow that's a long time. I was led to believe that you needed to change the coil once every 2 to 3 weeks
    old fluff out, dry burn, bit of a wash, new fluff in, vape on

Quote Originally Posted by benjamind2013 View Post
    I notice it doesn't use O-rings. Is this a cause for concern? I thought O-rings prevented hot juice from seeping through the base?
    Overfilling is a big no-no or it will sploodge everywhere, but other than that it's great.

I use cotton... I tried a few things but I just prefer the taste.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    I don't intend on doing more than say 10 drops at a time. I believe this RDA can hold up to 40 drops.

AVF Regular
    That's 40 through a needle nose bottle. 10 through a standard dropper will over half fill it.

You're gonna love it mate... it really is an exceptional dripper, and the clones are 99% accurate to the originals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast