Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: OBS Crius on TC builds?

AVF Regular

OBS Crius on TC builds?

Anyone here trying TC vaping on the OBS Crius.

I found with the Evic Mini I couldn't get the mod to hold TC in SS mode, it immediately drops back to power 20w.

With Ti I used 10 turns 28g wire and 2.5mm coils to achieve around 0.10 ohm and found it works ok at the 520-600F mark and 60w.
    I didn't pulse the Ti so its difficult to see if it heats evenly but the cotton seem to go dry at the same rate and the vape ramps up quicker than kanthal.

Any other known workable builds for TC vaping the Crius?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    Anyone here trying TC vaping on the OBS Crius.

I found with the Evic Mini I couldn't get the mod to hold TC in SS mode, it immediately drops back to power 20w.

With Ti I used 10 turns 28g wire and 2.5mm coils to achieve around 0.10 ohm and found it works ok at the 520-600F mark and 60w.
    I didn't pulse the Ti so its difficult to see if it heats evenly but the cotton seem to go dry at the same rate and the vape ramps up quicker than kanthal.

Any other known workable builds for TC vaping the Crius?
    I've been running 3 of them exclusively in TC with SS and Ti. Mine are 8 wrap spaced 3mm 26g 316l coils that read at .28-.29ohms. The EVIC VTC minis that are running them regulate perfectly.

The other is a TI build with the same spec except it's 24g TI and reads at .10. Also works perfectly on EVIC.

I found 3mm best for wicking and spaced best for the least amount of spitback and best flavour.

Hope this helps
    J_B_86 and MCYL like this.

AVF Regular
    Ah, the SS coils I have are 24G 3mm 9 wraps. Pressed together. So either the spacing or the wire material should get me over the goalpost on that one.

Today I tried out the subtank mini with OCC 0.5 ohm coils. TC SS worked fine on it. I'll try a spaced SS coil on the Crius to see if it works.

Thanks!
    addappt likes this.

AVF Regular
    Contact coils can cause issues. Loving my Crius so much I'm retiring my Crown's and buying more. lol

Adelaide

AVF Regular
    Spent 3hrs coiling, wicking, rinsing and repeating. Btw I made a mistake with calculations 8x 2.5mm x 28g pair worked out to 0.3 ohm on the evic mini (that said 0.5ohm occ measures in at 0.6 on this unit, they ain't spot on). I like how quickly it ramps up.

My favorite build today has been a 5 wrap parallel 28g vertical. Wrapped around a zip tie it's oval like the air hole. To wick I used the stiffer outer section of a cotton pad to wick the outside of the coil. Set at 60w 600F it hits like the RDA on a regular kanthal build but heats and cools instantaneously.
    Tyzer likes this.

AVF Regular
    Any photo's?

Adelaide

AVF Regular

OBS Crius on TC builds?

I was just asking another member that and now trying to figure how to with tapatalk. Will post this next one in trying. The zip tie flexes and doesn't give me neat ovals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tyzer likes this.

AVF Regular

This was the first successful TC on the Crius for me.
    8x28g. I still fired it to position just set at 600F TC rather than red. Messy as.

trumpy955 and Tyzer like this.

AVF Regular

My best yet

AVF Regular
    Airflow is more restrictive that horizontal coils, feels more like a mouth to lung setup. Ignore that and lung hit it and you taste juice. Works for me slow puffing away but not the best for sub ohming. The same coils got reinstalled and rewicked conventionally works great with this coil spec, sticking to this as that wrap wick took way to long to be practical.

Well thanks to more experienced members that put me onto the Wire Wizard
    http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp
    To plan my coils and advice on wick, this tank has become my ADV tank
    Now purring along well on TC set to 40W limit.

Thanks JB and Adapt!

Now going nuts with FA & Cap products!

Merry X'mas
    Last edited by MCYL; 25-12-15 at 12:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast