Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Midlife
  • 1 Post By Slothy

Thread: Szzzzzz...szzzzz....POP!....

AVF Regular

Szzzzzz...szzzzz....POP!....

So I got my Vector today, attempted to set it up with 2 x 1ohm coils, and my Radius told me it was only 0.5ohms. OK, good.....but alas, at just 3W on my Radius, the juice is being fried, and it just stinks.

So I just kept the 1 coil in there, and it works pretty well.

I noticed when firing it without the cap on, that the juice would sizzle, and I'd see lots of tiny bubbles. Is this normal? It didn't happen on my Cyclone, if I can remember.

I also notice that if I do a long drag, I'll get a pretty loud POP, and it tends to startle me.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by benjamind2013; 23-12-15 at 05:22 PM.

AVF Regular
    Dual coils will half the ohms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    If it smells and tastes gross and smells burnt it could be a hot leg on one of your coils.
    Fire it without the wicks and make sure both coils glow evenly.

AVF Regular
    Pops happen. When you haven't experienced it, it does tend to get your attention!

The real good 'uns tenD to puff the cheeks slightly and leave a WTF?? expression!
    Last edited by Slothy; 23-12-15 at 06:07 PM.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    I'm just fine using a single 1.0ohm coil, so I'll stick with that for now.

Running it at 15w and dragging for 1-2 seconds gives a nice flavor

I must say this is the best RDA I've ever used. I've used about 5 different ones over the last couple of years, and this one beats them all hands down. I don't think I need to worry about the loud pops, I think it's just air pockets being trapped between the coil and the wick. Irritating, but I'm not worried about safety any more, just don't like getting juice on my lips or tongue LOL

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    If it smells and tastes gross and smells burnt it could be a hot leg on one of your coils.
    Fire it without the wicks and make sure both coils glow evenly.
    Makes sense to me.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    i was using vector today and mine also popped and i got hot juice on my lip which ended up burning my lip Hahaha. I think the pop occurs when over dripped- i get a tissue and turn the atty upside down and get rid of excess juice

AVF Regular
    As far as I can figure out, the pops usually occur when the juice in the wick confined inside the coil boils and forces its way out. It's just a bigger version of the general crackling you hear.

I'm on one of my mechs at the moment, with a 1.20hm coil in the Russian. Just stuck a fresh battery in and it's popping at the start of each vape, which it usually does when it's getting 4.2-ish volts.
    MCYL likes this.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    Once you pop, you can't stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk