Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Crius V3 vs Aromamizer

AVF Regular

Crius V3 vs Aromamizer

About a month ago 2 fellas from Townsville were looking to upgrade from evic mini starters by buying better atties.

We were both drawn towards the Aromamizer & the Crius V3. So it was decided that one would buy a Crius and the other go for an aromamizer.

Well on chickened out (ME) and we both have Crius' and I'm left wondering about the RDTA.

Now there are basic differences, Ar comes in 3 & 6 mls and uses bands for AFC, no juice control and a drip tip to block spitting.

The Crius looked prettier, quartz bits and a top fill...that's what sold me.

However a month in I realize there are more important factors to the building and the vape. Hence questions to those that own both:

Crius vs Aromamizer
    1. Deck size: which one has more room to build?
    2. Post height: the Aromamizer looks in pictures to have a bigger gap between screws on the velocity style posts but is there a difference in real life?

3. Juice flow: does the Aromamizers juice feed to the floor of the deck rather than direct from tank to wick affect wicking? My guess is that the Crius would require more carefully cut wicks to fit the juice holes whereas the AR allows for a simpler fold under like an RDA.

4. Airflow: full bore which one is an easier draw? Again guessing at the position of the air holes the side entry of the AR flavours vertical coils with the Crius favoring horizontals.

5. Chimney Dia, length? Compared to the 3m AR, which one has a wider chimney? Which one is shorter?

Or perhaps I should just go and source an AR

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Wait and see what the griffin is like.

AVF Regular
    The lack of juice flow control + top fill is a PITA if you vape thinner juices like I do (100% or 75% PG). This I've discovered with the Bellus and T7 (?) as it doesn't matter how you set the wick up, they leak when filling. I bottom fill both now.

I currently have a Crius and Serpent in transit so it's be interesting to see how they stack up.
    J_B_86 likes this.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I'll do the reverse. And I do like my high VG offerings. Do you make sure your wicks sit right over the holes? I love priming the Crius. Juice hole slightly open after fill, AFC nearly closed top fill open and take a short draw without firing. Negative pressure in the chamber sucks in a heap of juices and primes in seconds.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by addappt View Post
    Wait and see what the griffin is like.
    Just looked it up. Looks similar to the Crius. Pity I'm not home and don't have calipers to measure up some dimensions. Perhaps my folks have a ruler somewhere.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    Yeah I'll do the reverse. And I do like my high VG offerings. Do you make sure your wicks sit right over the holes? I love priming the Crius. Juice hole slightly open after fill, AFC nearly closed top fill open and take a short draw without firing. Negative pressure in the chamber sucks in a heap of juices and primes in seconds.

Yeah, it makes no difference unless you pack the channels so hard flow becomes an problem. . There's also an a leaking issue with the Bellus when the juice level gets low. Same cause, when you tip it slightly the vacuum in the tank breaks and the thin juice starts to leak out. I guess there's so few people around these days vaping high PG juices they simply missed to issue during testing.

Annoying as hell, but I still use it as it's a total flavour beastie when behaving!
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    When I get mine I wanna try a vertical coil that way I think the bottom end if the wick can spread all over the deck. Dunno how well it would work with juice only going one end of the wick instead of both.
    I got it working on the Crius but it was a PITA to rewick so it became a one off

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    Just looked it up. Looks similar to the Crius. Pity I'm not home and don't have calipers to measure up some dimensions. Perhaps my folks have a ruler somewhere.

Looking something up and actually using it are two very different things. I have some Griffins on their way to me and once I get them I'll make my judgements.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    The lack of juice flow control + top fill is a PITA if you vape thinner juices like I do (100% or 75% PG). This I've discovered with the Bellus and T7 (?) as it doesn't matter how you set the wick up, they leak when filling. I bottom fill both now.

I currently have a Crius and Serpent in transit so it's be interesting to see how they stack up.
    With the Serpent obviously it has juice control you can close while filling but after filling you need to turn it upside down whilst reopening the juice control. I've had no leaks at all doing this but I've been using 60-70% VG so it will be interesting to see how high PG goes.

AVF Regular
    Sure is! There's so many variables to airflow, diameters, shapes, etc. Then throw in the comfort level of an individual's diaphragm for inhaling.
    I'm keen on seeing what you think on it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast